Table Messaging, Dynamic Tournament Tables, Lobby Bypass

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
The MPC

Table Messaging, Dynamic Tournament Tables, Lobby Bypass

Post by The MPC »

1) The ability to message all tournament and/or ring game table chat boxes through a single api (or 2 separate) push(es).

2) I'm under the impression that unused tournament tables DO impact performance. Having the ability in a tournament setting for tables to GROW dynamically based on players would greatly reduce the strain of having to guess how many players of our 2500 accounts will decide to play any given tournament.

3) Can we create links to join tables from OUR app, that launch that table in the mavens target frame?
ColorUp Poker
#PlayBadRunWell #BetterLuckyThanGood #PlayBetter
https://www.colorup.poker
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Table Messaging, Dynamic Tournament Tables, Lobby Bypass

Post by Kent Briggs »

The MPC wrote:1) The ability to message all tournament and/or ring game table chat boxes through a single api (or 2 separate) push(es).
You can get the list of all tables with an API call and then run a loop to send out out a message to each one.
2) I'm under the impression that unused tournament tables DO impact performance. Having the ability in a tournament setting for tables to GROW dynamically based on players would greatly reduce the strain of having to guess how many players of our 2500 accounts will decide to play any given tournament.
Each table runs in its own thread (even the empty ones) so that thread uses some resources. But the Table setting serves as an upper limit on how many players you want to allow in.
3) Can we create links to join tables from OUR app, that launch that table in the mavens target frame?
You can open tables for a player (but not make them join) with the Startup Parameters. See Help file or here: http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... tartup.htm
The MPC

Post by The MPC »

Each table runs in its own thread (even the empty ones) so that thread uses some resources. But the Table setting serves as an upper limit on how many players you want to allow in.

That's just it, I don't want to limit any of the players from joining. Therefore, I have to guesstimate based on previous tournaments how many are "likely" to join and then put more tables in than that number. From time to time there are surges over the player averages and then players get locked out of the tournament since registration automatically closes when the tables are full. Even the ability of getting put on a waiting list to enter a table ONCE another player has been eliminated would be helpful. That way I could cap it at 5 tables, but still be able to host more than 45 players (9 handed) in a single tournament. Maybe that's the compromise? A waiting list that stays viable until the end of late registration?
ColorUp Poker
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The MPC wrote:That's just it, I don't want to limit any of the players from joining.
Other people do so there has to be a way to cap it. Just double what you'll think you'll need or just run more tournaments.
The MPC

Post by The MPC »

Kent Briggs wrote:
The MPC wrote:That's just it, I don't want to limit any of the players from joining.
Other people do so there has to be a way to cap it. Just double what you'll think you'll need or just run more tournaments.
I already run over 50 tournaments daily and players want to play for the biggest prize pool possible which requires the most players possible. I can't think of another system that caps tables or registration before the registration period is over. Sure, maybe they don't make new tables, but they definitely allow new players to replace ousted players.

Tonight I ran a 90 person tournament that easily could have had 150 players in it, so you're suggesting that I run 30 table tournaments on the off chance I'll need it instead of the usual 7 table average? Seems like a whole lot of extra tables running on a daily basis which hinders performance while maintaining the ability meet player demand in a player surge.

I'm not saying DON't have the ability to CAP tables, I'm saying there ought to be a way to do all 3... CAP Tables and Close Registration, CAP Tables and Leave Registration Open to fill unused seats, and Unlimited Tables. The main reason for limiting tables usually are space restrictions and labor costs, issues that don't come into play here. I suppose these other people that want this are trying to create scarcity to drive up demand, but that's def not the norm for MTTs.

Thanks
ColorUp Poker
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The MPC wrote:I can't think of another system that caps tables or registration before the registration period is over.
Ever hear of PokerStars? Every one of their tournaments has a max allowed capacity announced in advance on the Structure tab of the tourney lobby. And that's not counting Sit & Gos which have to have a cap or they could never start.
so you're suggesting that I run 30 table tournaments on the off chance I'll need it instead of the usual 7 table average? Seems like a whole lot of extra tables running on a daily basis which hinders performance
I'm suggesting you allocate enough to meet the demand the vast majority of the time. Just don't max it at 100. The extra tables only use a thread while the tournament is actually running and an empty table is using way less resources than an individual player, who is constantly creating multiple threads as they pull in client code and media components. The empty table is just in a short loop looking for something to do and then sleeping, over and over.
The MPC

Post by The MPC »

I was just rereading this and realized I sounded like a completely ungrateful jackass.

My apologies. I love the system and I'm just trying to get the most out of it.

Thanks for the help.

PS not sure if you saw my previous post, but would love to see a complete final table redraw after registration is closed if possible, thanks again
ColorUp Poker