Directory Snoop 5.11
Directory Snoop ™ is a cluster-level search tool that allows Windows users to snoop through their FAT and NTFS formatted disk drives to see what data may be hiding in the cracks. Use Directory Snoop to recover deleted files you thought you would never see again or permanently erase sensitive files so that no one will know they ever existed. Supported media include local hard drives, floppy disks, Zip disks, MO disks, and flashcard devices.
- Both FAT and NTFS modules included
- Recover deleted files, including those emptied from the recycle bin
- Destroy sensitive files with the secure wiping functions, up to 35 passes
- Securely wipe file slack and free drive space
- Purge sensitive file names left behind after normal erasing
- Copy open and locked files via the cluster copy function
- Search, filter and sort files globally by name and other parameters
- View, search, print and copy raw cluster data
- Dynamically link clusters with cluster chains and the files that use them
- Examine the FAT and Master File Tables
- View files through external applications
- Verify the effectiveness of other file wiping programs
- Non-compressed FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, or NTFS formatted volume
- Local hard drive or removable media device (network and CD drives not supported)
- Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10 for FAT Module
- Windows NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10 for NTFS Module
(Click thumbnail images for a closer view)
|NTFS Module||FAT Module|
(Click thumbnail image to start demo)
|NTFS Interface Basics||NTFS Filename Purge|
Free Trial Download
The 25-run trial version includes an installation routine that will place all the program files into a directory of your choice and will add the appropriate shortcut icons to your start menu. No device drivers or other runtime modules will be modified or added to your system directories. No adware, spyware or any third-party programs will be installed on your computer. You may remove the program at any time with the built-in uninstall routine.
- Exe format (ds95.exe, 1.7 MB). Download and run to start the installation.
- Zip format (ds95511.zip, 1.7 MB). Setup file wrapped in a zip file.
Buy Licensed Version
Order the full licensed version of Directory Snooop for $39.95 from the Order Form page. Multi-user site licenses are also available. Version 3 and 4 license holders can contact Kent Briggs for instructions on how to upgrade to version 5 at 50% off the regular price.
Upgrade Patches - Licensed customers can self-upgrade to minor version changes using a patch program. Major version upgrades are available to licensed users at a 50% discount. Contact Kent Briggs for ordering instructions. Program changes are listed in the revision history file.
Frequently Asked Questions - A FAQ file for Directory Snoop is available here.