Copyright © 2022 Kent Briggs
Poker Mavens ™ is an affordable play-money poker software system that allows anyone to run their own
private poker site. The server module installs on any ordinary Windows PC or Windows cloud server and serves a free client module to your players.
The client module is an HTML5 web app that runs in any modern desktop or mobile web browser, including Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android systems,
so the players have nothing to install on their end. It is also Unicode compatible and can be configured to display in virtually any language with
the built-in translation table.
Play with friends and family located across town or across the globe in a social experience that can't be duplicated with other systems.
Combined with a voice-over-internet program like Zoom or Skype and it's almost like being together in person, except without the hassle of shuffling cards,
counting out chips, or timing tournament levels!
Be the hero and start a poker club with work colleagues or with members of your hobby or sports organization. Link directly
from your club web site, send email invitations with the built-in email list system, or use the free directory listing located at
www.PokerMavens.net to advertise your site.
Stop paying entry fees for a private table on commercial poker sites, which require all your players to have real-money accounts there.
With your own Poker Mavens site, you create your own ring game tables and tournaments, with complete control over the blinds schedule, starting
chips, and payout structure.
♣ Basic Features
- Play Texas Hold'em, Omaha, Omaha Hi-Lo, Omaha-5, Omaha-5 Hi-Lo, Omaha-6 (new in version 7), and Omaha-6 Hi-Lo (new in version 7) games in Limit,
Pot-Limit, Cap-Limit, and No-Limit formats.
- Play 7-Card Stud, Stud Hi-Lo, and Razz games in Limit format.
- Play a mixed format, where any combination of other games can be played in rotation.
- Player's choice mixed games (new in version 7).
- Two to ten players per table.
- Ring (cash) game and tournament formats supported.
- Run-it-twice option in ring games (new in version 7).
- Tournaments played in freezeout, rebuy, re-entry, or shootout format with customized blinds schedules and payout structures.
- Satellite tournaments supported with ticket tokens used for payouts and buy-ins.
- User accounts keep track of chip balances and player settings.
- Email validation, password resets, and blacklists available for access control.
- Player interface contains a lobby window with lists of players and available tables, themed to your own color selection.
- Poker tables contained in resizable windows with animated card dealing, sound effects, and an instant message style chat area.
- Players select from 64 available avatars to represent them at the table.
- Information window with each table contains basic player statistics, hand histories, and an extended chat area.
- Graphical replay summary option (new in version 7).
- Optional server listing at www.PokerMavens.net
- Websocket based Admin Console allows you to control your server from a remote location through any web browser.
- Application programming interface (API) allows you to control your server through an external program or web site.
- Built-in language translation table allows you to run your site in virtually any Unicode-compatible language.
- SSL encryption option for sites with a domain name and SSL cert (new for Lite edition in version 7).
♣ Trial Version Features
- The Trial version is similar to the Lite Version but is restricted to 500 hands of Limit games and has a separate listing option at
♣ Lite Version Features
- The Lite version is limited to one live ring game table and one live tournament table at a time. It also
does not have the custom graphics/sounds/html, or rake options that are available in the Pro version.
♣ Pro Version Features
- All the features in the Lite version plus the following:
- Play Courchevel and Courchevel Hi-Lo (new in version 7).
- Show "rabbit hunting" cards in the replay hand dialog (new in version 7).
- Number of live tables limited only by system resources and available bandwidth (fast systems can support a few hundred logins).
- Multi-table tournaments.
- Rake and entry fee options.
- Custom graphics options lets you replace table images and avatars with your own.
- Web settings option lets you place ads or other custom HTML content around the sides of the playing surface.
♣ Gold Version Features
- All the features in the Lite and Pro versions plus the following:
- 6+ Hold'em (aka Short-Deck Hold'em) games (new in version 7).
- ICM chop option for tournament final tables (new in version 7).
- Multiple admin accounts with admin profiles to control access rights.
- Whitelabel options to remove or replace the Briggs Softworks branding in the player client.
- Secondary currency option.
- Support up to 5 different languages in the client.
- Choice of 32-bit or 64-bit installation.
♣ Server Module Requirements
- Windows XP or later (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11, Server 2003 or newer.)
- Internet connection or TCP/IP local area network
- Two ports (or four with SSL) opened to players through local firewall and forwarded through a router if necessary
♣ Player Client Module Requirements
Help Index |
- HTML5 compatible web browser with WebSocket support: IE 10+, Edge, FireFox 11+ (Windows/Android), Chrome 14+ (Windows/Android/iOS), Opera 12.1+, Safari 6+ (Mac/iOS)
- Internet connection or TCP/IP local area network
- 800 x 600 or higher graphics resolution for desktops, 640 x 480 or higher for mobile devices