Poker Mavens 7.11 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 7.11 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

https://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

*** Remember to shut down the server completely and close the service manager before running the patch ***

Changes:

Fixed ticket bug in tourney results file. Previously the ticket status of players could be incorrectly reported for a re-entry tournament.
SpykeDaddy

Re: Poker Mavens 7.11 Released

Post by SpykeDaddy »

Not sure if it's appropriate to post it here, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who has done this.

I shut down the server, but forget to close the service manager when I ran the upgrade. It failed, just as you said it would.

However, I no longer can run the upgrade. It doesn't see the "old" version nor does the service work anymore.

Is there a recommended fix for people who did this? Thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

When you ran the patch the first time, the full setup program was extracted to your hard drive and then you were prompted to run it. That setup program is still there so just run it again. Look for pg711setup.exe (gold), pp711setup.exe (pro), or pm711setup.exe (lite).
SpykeDaddy

Post by SpykeDaddy »

Thank you for the quick reply, I did run the set up program again but the upgrade won't apply. The error I get is "Older version not found. Would you like to search for it manually?" When I open the PM 7 Manager, it still shows 7.10.

When I got the error, I did cancel and see the dialog box say, "Rolling back changes." However, the installer seems to think 7.11 was installed when it didn't really finish.

Appreciate the help and...Happy Holidays!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You are running the patch again. Don't do that. Instead you need to run the setup program that was extracted from the patch. For example pg700711.exe is the gold patch and pg711setup.exe is the full gold setup program. Use the Windows search feature to find that setup file.
SpykeDaddy

Post by SpykeDaddy »

Oh my. I have no idea how I mixed those two up. The upgrade went perfect. Thank you so much!