Player Accounts keep disappearing

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Player Accounts keep disappearing

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm It sounds like you believe I manually copy and pasted it from v6 to v7, and I did not.
Or unzipped a v6 backup into that folder. How else does a v6 .db file end up in your v7 data folder?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:33 pm I have done that and the 1 account remained so, fingers crossed.
You should be good to go, then.
jshark

Post by jshark »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:40 pm
jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:29 pm It sounds like you believe I manually copy and pasted it from v6 to v7, and I did not.
Or unzipped a v6 backup into that folder. How else does a v6 .db file end up in your v7 data folder?
No. I did no such thing. I exported the .db file from v6 to the new file location in v7. It’s a super simple process of clicking a few buttons as by default everything is auto filled. I didn’t unzip any backup into any folder. I merely used the utility which is awfully straightforward. It would be nice if you’d consider there was an issue with the import utility and not assume it’s the user. Like I said, I’m in IT. I know how it is to assume it’s the user. I also know that’s not always the case.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:45 pm It would be nice if you’d consider there was an issue with the import utility and not assume it’s the user.
All I know for sure is that there is no code in the v7 import utility that can made a v6 accounts.db file. Nor is there any file copy code.