Mixed Game Blind Structure

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Supersonics

Mixed Game Blind Structure

Post by Supersonics »

I have a 6+ NLHE, NLHE, PLO, Stud Hi-Lo and Big-O mixed game tournament that I tested out last night.
In the tourney settings, I only see the Blind Options for 6+, Hold'em, and Stud.

The 'Antes' on 6+ for 6+ were only $1, even at Level 6, where the SB/BB for NLHE and Omaha games were much larger, and people were commenting at the table how out of balance it was. I agree. Is there anyway to have a 'Default Mixed' blind structure where it will charge people an appropriate Ante for 6+?

I can't just add the ante amounts starting from level 1, as that would then charge antes for all games.

Thanks, Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Mixed Game Blind Structure

Post by Kent Briggs »

The mix rotates at each level change and you have full control of blinds/antes at each level so you just need to adjust the blinds schedule accordingly. Since 6+ is the first game in your 5 game rotation you would edit level 1, 6, 11, 16, etc. and make the antes how you want. Save that to a file so it can be re-used later. Call it something like SixPlus1of5.txt. You can make several of these to match any configuration you are likely to use. Better you make them exactly how you want rather than the software guessing for you.
Supersonics

Re: Mixed Game Blind Structure

Post by Supersonics »

Good thinking, thanks Kent!!