Need some assistance, please, with v6 to v7 pro upgrade.

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
naked_eskimo

Need some assistance, please, with v6 to v7 pro upgrade.

Post by naked_eskimo »

Hi all,

I just installed my upgrade to 7.02 (6.x is still installed, but shutdown right now).

But I cannot get on the admin console (doesn't look like the chrome 127.0.0.1 vs localhost issue), and the error log is showing that my ports are already in use.

Did the default ports change? I believe client connections were previously on 8087?

2022-04-20 14:12:29|Error starting game server: Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.
2022-04-20 14:16:53|Error starting game server: Could not bind socket. Address and port are already in use.
naked_eskimo

Re: Need some assistance, please, with v6 to v7 pro upgrade.

Post by naked_eskimo »

Update:

I rebooted and now get a bit further. It now says license is not valid. Not sure where I can put that..is it just in the data folder or something? Do I make a txt file with my key in it or something?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Yes, the default ports changed from 8087/8088 to 80/8080. Most likely you are also running an IIS web server on the same machine and it will be using port 80 for itself (and also 443 is you have SSL). If that's the case then change the HTTP port to something else. Or if you're not actually using the web server then you can shut it down in the Windows settings.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

2022-04-20 14:22:00|Autostart error: License Key is not a valid version 7 key
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:24 pm I rebooted and now get a bit further. It now says license is not valid.
You won't be able to get into the Admin Console to enter your license key until you get the HTTP port conflict settled.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Thank you.

I can't seem to find what is using web ports. Does PM rely on IIS at all? Can I just remove IIS?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:33 pm I can't seem to find what is using web ports. Does PM rely on IIS at all? Can I just remove IIS?
Poker Mavens is standalone, it does not use IIS. Point your browser to http://localhost and see what comes up. If it's just a default IIS landing page then you're apparently not using it and can then shut it down. Google "shut down IIS" for instructions.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Hmmm, don't think it's IIS. I disabled the default site and stopped the service, but I am still getting the same error in the PM 7 services manager.

When I go to https://localhost I get site can't be found. But PM 7 will still not start.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Uninstalled IIS and rebooted. Now I can get to the admin console. Seems disabling the service and removing the default web site was not enough.

Thank you.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

In the short term, change the HTTP Port to 81 just to see if the Admin Console will load.

Then see this to determine which process is using port 80:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/481 ... on-windows