PM v7 under WampServer

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Tuck Fheman

Re: PM v7 under WampServer

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:03 pm
Tuck Fheman wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:54 pm It appears to be an issue connecting to the API under v7.
Is your HTTP port in v7 different than your File Port in v6? If so, is your API call using the right port?
They are identical and API is calling that port in our code.

I can connect to PM via localhost:port, but I can't connect from ourdomain.com:port
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I can connect to PM via localhost:port, but I can't connect from ourdomain.com:port
Just for the API? Does ourdomain:port without a path load the v7 client and does ourdomain:port/admin load the v7 admin console?
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:39 pm Does ourdomain:port without a path load the v7 client and does ourdomain:port/admin load the v7 admin console?
No, neither load via the domain.

They only load with localhost on the server itself.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:15 pm No, neither load via the domain.
They only load with localhost on the server itself.
So this isn't an API issue, it's either a firewall or domain name issue. Who is your server host and is it behind a Cloudflare proxy?
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:21 pm So this isn't an API issue, it's either a firewall or domain name issue. Who is your server host and is it behind a Cloudflare proxy?
I'm hosting via a friend, not sure who he's using but it's not some major company.

We use Cloudflare on v6 without issue using the same ports.

If I turn Cloudflare off (pause it), change my nameservers to my registrars, turn off "Enable SSL" and "SSL redirect" in PM7 Server Manager and turn off "Proxy WSS" I can get PM7 client to load from ourdomain:port.

So the port appears to be working ok I guess. But it must be something with the SSL or the Proxy WSS???
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I issued a fresh SSL via the PM SSL Tool and a provider, turned "Enable SSL" and "SSL redirect" back on to "Yes" and it still wouldn't connect.

As soon as I turn them both back to "No", it connects fine.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Click the "Error Log" button in the 7.01 PM Service Manager just to make sure there is nothing related to SSL there.

Also use the "Windows Firewall" button again to remove the old rule and then add it back again.

After you installed new certs, is your domain still pointing directly to your server or back to Cloudflare. If it's pointing to Cloudflare, check your Cloudflare account and make sure the SSL is set to "Full (strict)" mode.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm Click the "Error Log" button in the 7.01 PM Service Manager just to make sure there is nothing related to SSL there.
When I turn "Enable SSL" and "SSL redirect" back on I get this ...
2022-04-11 20:46:24|Error starting game server: Could not load SSL library.
Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm Also use the "Windows Firewall" button again to remove the old rule and then add it back again.
Done.
Kent Briggs wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:27 pm After you installed new certs, is your domain still pointing directly to your server or back to Cloudflare. If it's pointing to Cloudflare, check your Cloudflare account and make sure the SSL is set to "Full (strict)" mode.
Domain is pointing directly to my server.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

uhg, ok I searched for the error and see that the 64bit DLL's are required, but I swear I copied the same DLL's over from the v6 folder upon installed, same date and everything, but once I re-downloaded and copied the DLLs over into PMv7 folder ... PMv7 client loads with SSL now and no error.

Now I'm going to see if it works with the website, assuming that was the issue all along.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Did you install the 7.01 update? Because the .dlls are included now. And it puts in the 64-bit versions if you install the 64-bit Poker Mavens.