Poker Mavens 7.00 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
noah

Re: Poker Mavens 7.00 Released

Post by noah »

Hi Kent, our group is loving the new release: new games, run-it-twice, graphical hand history, selective card mucking, and rabbit hunting all were used the first night… a lot of happy poker players. (As one of the admins I am looking forward to everyone having a transaction history but I'm sure that is secondary to everyone else.)

The one bug we have to report was in dealers choice: about 50% of the time the player would get the pop up but the text would be blank. We were unable to find a common element (browser or OS).
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 2.54.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 2.54.28 PM.png (74.53 KiB) Viewed 16678 times
Jimulacrum

Post by Jimulacrum »

Kent Briggs wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:05 pm
Jimulacrum wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:41 pm People feel burned when everyone gets to the end with 2X up and someone runs it once anyway.
No one is entitled to run-in-twice and you should never rely on it being an unanimous agreement. Checking the box just means you're up for considering it if the time comes. The final confirmation mimics a live situation where the players decide at the moment and can insist on seeing their opponent's cards before agreeing to it.
I understand what you are saying about how the rule works in Mavens. But in real life, there's no analog to the "2X" icon toggling on and off, and having it in the software adds virtually nothing but potential confusion and frustration.

A better solution would be to keep everything exactly the way it is, but just get rid of the "2X" icon. Now players who don't want to RIT will not even see the buttons, but players who do will see them each time, without anyone else having to know what that setting is.
Author of SOHE, Dramaha, and Live Straddle!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Jimulacrum wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:16 pm I understand what you are saying about how the rule works in Mavens. But in real life, there's no analog to the "2X" icon toggling on and off, and having it in the software adds virtually nothing but potential confusion and frustration.

A better solution would be to keep everything exactly the way it is, but just get rid of the "2X" icon. Now players who don't want to RIT will not even see the buttons, but players who do will see them each time, without anyone else having to know what that setting is.
But on the flip side, a player will check his box and wonder why it never runs twice because he can't see that no one else checked theirs. So you'll have just as much confusion and frustration there and most online sites show a visual indicator. The difference is they commit you to it before hole cards are exposed whereas PM gives you more information before deciding. That said, I'll consider making the icon display an option.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

noah wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:54 pm The one bug we have to report was in dealers choice: about 50% of the time the player would get the pop up but the text would be blank. We were unable to find a common element (browser or OS).
I had another report just like this. I've yet to track it down. I tried to reproduce it in every major browser but could never get it to show a blank list. If you can catch it live, please have that player long-click the Help menu in the lobby to bring up a debugger window. And see if it caught an error. I'm also working on new feature where the admin can fetch any player's debug log directly from the admin console.
bejjene

Post by bejjene »

PLEASE HOW TO ENABLE Rabbit Hunting option . I CAN'T FIND IT
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bejjene wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:01 am PLEASE HOW TO ENABLE Rabbit Hunting option . I CAN'T FIND IT
See this page describing all the new features:

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/v7/WhatsNew.htm
Jimulacrum

Post by Jimulacrum »

Kent Briggs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:11 pm
Jimulacrum wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:16 pm I understand what you are saying about how the rule works in Mavens. But in real life, there's no analog to the "2X" icon toggling on and off, and having it in the software adds virtually nothing but potential confusion and frustration.

But on the flip side, a player will check his box and wonder why it never runs twice because he can't see that no one else checked theirs. So you'll have just as much confusion and frustration there and most online sites show a visual indicator. The difference is they commit you to it before hole cards are exposed whereas PM gives you more information before deciding. That said, I'll consider making the icon display an option.
Cool. Thank you.
Author of SOHE, Dramaha, and Live Straddle!
noah

Post by noah »

Kent Briggs wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:18 pm
noah wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:54 pm The one bug we have to report was in dealers choice: about 50% of the time the player would get the pop up but the text would be blank. We were unable to find a common element (browser or OS).
I had another report just like this. I've yet to track it down. I tried to reproduce it in every major browser but could never get it to show a blank list. If you can catch it live, please have that player long-click the Help menu in the lobby to bring up a debugger window. And see if it caught an error. I'm also working on new feature where the admin can fetch any player's debug log directly from the admin console.
Hi Kent, we played a couple hours of "player's choice" last night and the majority of the players ran into the blank pick-list issue (for some it worked once but not always). Neither saw any errors in their debug log:

02:05:03.497 MSG Version 7.00 : Win32 : P7-24925
02:05:03.498 MSG Connecting to wss://[REDACTED]:2053 ...
02:05:03.860 MSG Connected
02:05:03.939 MSG Using Web Audio

We're happy to test an articulated/debug version of the app if you want us to (myself and the other admin work at software companies, so par for the course).

On an unrelated note, I had this (benign) error message occur in Safari on MacOS when I refreshed my browser window _after_ just logging out and then logging in again:

01:44:19.456 CON TypeError: U.minTray.update is not a function. (In ‘U.minTray.update()’, ‘U.minTray.update’ is undefined)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

noah wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:29 am Hi Kent, we played a couple hours of "player's choice" last night and the majority of the players ran into the blank pick-list issue (for some it worked once but not always). Neither saw any errors in their debug log
Another customer said he had good luck getting it to work after clearing his browser cache. And just about every player on his site who had the issue got it to populate correctly after clearing their caches. I have no idea why that would work but give it a try and report back if you would.
On an unrelated note, I had this (benign) error message occur in Safari on MacOS when I refreshed my browser window _after_ just logging out and then logging in again:

01:44:19.456 CON TypeError: U.minTray.update is not a function. (In ‘U.minTray.update()’, ‘U.minTray.update’ is undefined)
Can you replicate that over and over? Does it only happen on a Mac/Safari?
noah

Post by noah »

Hi Kent,

We'll encourage folks to clear their browser caches, thanks or the suggestion.

Regarding the other error, reproduces every time in Safari 15.0 (MacOS 11.6). Not seeing it in Chrome and have not yet tried on Windows. Procedure is 1) login, 2) close lobby, 3) reload page, 4) login, 5) open debug log.