API and SSL

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Post Reply
artuore
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm

API and SSL

Post by artuore »

Hi
i use ssl for my server via cloudflare
but i have problem with api
my address for ex : https://domain.com/ i use 443 port
but my api not working via ssl port
if i use HTTP its working well
anyone have idea ?
thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5626
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: API and SSL

Post by Kent Briggs »

What happens if you type this into your browser's URL box?

https://www.example.com/api

It should return:

Result=Error
Error=Command parameter missing

Also, can you connect using the API Reference Utility?

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/ ... htm#apiref
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
artuore
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:51 pm

Re: API and SSL

Post by artuore »

Kent Briggs wrote:What happens if you type this into your browser's URL box?

https://www.example.com/api

It should return:

Result=Error
Error=Command parameter missing

Also, can you connect using the API Reference Utility?

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/ ... htm#apiref
Hi again and I found the problem

i used under attack mod in cloudflare
if you use this API not working
its very important
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5626
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: API and SSL

Post by Kent Briggs »

artuore wrote: i used under attack mod in cloudflare
if you use this API not working
Attack mode will throw up a captcha that you would have to manually react to. If you loaded the player client from the same IP where your API code is running then it might work after that.
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
xpinkerin
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Re: API and SSL

Post by xpinkerin »

I am having the same problem. Just installed SSL and now none of the API utilities work. The one I use the most is the registration save. Really a pain that it doesn't work. What to do??
Kent Briggs
Site Admin
Posts: 5626
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: API and SSL

Post by Kent Briggs »

xpinkerin wrote:I am having the same problem. Just installed SSL and now none of the API utilities work. The one I use the most is the registration save. Really a pain that it doesn't work. What to do??
Are you getting an error message? Make sure you have the two OpenSSL dll files in the same folder as the utility. See the "SSL Support paragraph near the top of this page:

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/Utilities.htm
Kent Briggs - [email protected]
Briggs Softworks - http://www.briggsoft.com
Post Reply