Program setups

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
The Scorpion

Program setups

Post by The Scorpion »

Hello I am trying to figure out a way to track the rake for my site and i found the rake stats program and the tourney fee stats programs which look like what I need but Im having trouble setting them up. Can someone help me please? Id like it the stats to auto populate from my site to the program if this is possible. Thank you!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Program setups

Post by Kent Briggs »

Those utilities do not auto-populate. You have to manually load the hand history files. A simpler solution is to just use the PRake/ERake/TFees accumulators that each player has in their account settings. Those are auto-populated. Details are in the FAQ, which I've copied below:

Question: What is the difference between the PRake, ERake, and TFees values in the account settings?

Answer: The PRake and ERake values show the player's accumulated rake contributions in ring games (calculated two different ways, described below). The TFees value shows the player's entry/rebuy/add-on fee (not the buy-in) contributions in tournaments. Those apply to your primary currency tables. The equivalent PRake2, ERake2, and TFees2 values track your secondary currency. Typically a site administrator would use these values to implement a rakeback program or frequently player point system, etc. The PRake value is incremented using a proportional calculation based on the amount of chips the player puts in the pot whereas the ERake value is incremented with an equal share of the rake for everyone who was dealt in the hand. For example, in a 5% rake table Player A folds before the flop and puts nothing in the pot. Players B and C play the hand to the end, each putting in 900 chips for an 1800 chip pot that is raked 90 chips. All 3 players get 30 chips added to their ERake value. Player A's PRake value is not changed while Player B and C get 45 chips each added to their PRake values. So a rakeback or FPP system based on ERake benefits the more conservative players whereas a system based on PRake benefits the more aggresive players. For a tournament example, Player A registers for a 100+5 tournament so 5 chips would be added to his TFees value. If there are house fees charged for rebuys and add-ons, those will get added also as they occur.
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

Ok that makes sense but one followup question. Would this be the best way to track the sites rake on say a weekly basis? so as to know what the total week for the site is?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The Scorpion wrote:Ok that makes sense but one followup question. Would this be the best way to track the sites rake on say a weekly basis? so as to know what the total week for the site is?
To see the site's entire rake, just click the House button on the Accounts tab. If you wanted to track week-to-week then you would need to record your values each week and then subtract the previous week's values. Otherwise use those standalone utilities and import the hand history files created each week.
The Scorpion

Post by The Scorpion »

That's exactly what I was looking for thank you