Difficulty getting password recovery set up

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
TX_Flood

Re: Difficulty getting password recovery set up

Post by TX_Flood »

Kent Briggs wrote:Also, PMServer.exe is in the Windows Firewall "Allow" list on my server so that any port it wants to use is automatically open.
OK. I will give this a try.

And yes, I have all those same settings. I'm going to delete everything and type it all in again. Maybe there is a space or something transposed somewhere that I'm not seeing.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

I did all of the above. Still not working. I was able to change my password by manually inputting the system generated valcode by looking in my account on the console.

Next I'm going to get one of my users to try it. Maybe trying to send emails from and to the same email address is causing something wonky. I'll update in a bit.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

I had one of my users try to change his password. No luck. He received the same error message as I have been. I checked the log, and it is the smae message there as well. Email failure connection timed out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Something is blocking the connection attempt between the poker server and the smtp server. You might have to use a tool like WireShark to see what is happening.
TX_Flood

Post by TX_Flood »

I spent some time looking at the Wireshark website. This looks like a very technical application that is well above my capability to use proficiently. There has got to be some other way to get the password recovery to work. I've followed every step in getting this app installed. It works just fine in every other way. There must be something in the configuration that I missed.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

When I first set mine up, Google didn't trust that the connection was really from me and I had to run the browser directly on my server and manually log into that gmail account. But I got a completely different error message. Your "connect timed out" error suggests something more fundamental. But you can try and do what I did just to see if you can manually connect to your gmail account.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

TX_Flood wrote:I have a secure connection to my AWS server.
I just thought of something. Doesn't AWS have its own firewall? Perhaps you need to set an outbound rule on port 465 in the AWS firewall.
setspike

Post by setspike »

TX_Flood -

2 things I had to do to get this to work:
• Log into gmail from the Windows Server that is running the Poker Mavens software
• Make sure "Less Secure App Access" is turned off in your myaccount.google.com Security settings

This should fix the issue.

- J