self-exclusion button

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
JerryB

self-exclusion button

Post by JerryB »

Hello Kent,

there is a new law change for online poker in Germany.

The following is the excerpt from the new law:
(3) In online poker, a clearly recognizable and unambiguously labeled button must be displayed. The actuation must trigger an immediate short-term blocking of the player.The button must be permanently displayed wherever it is possible to participate in the game.

Pokerstars has also already complied with this law and implemented a 24h-pause button last year.
https://www.pokerstars.eu/de/help/artic ... on/205708/

Is there any way to implement a similar feature on PM as well?

Thank you and best regards
Jerry
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: self-exclusion button

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you implemented a login page from your own web site, you could just do it there. Doubtful I would ever build that directly into the software.
JerryB

Post by JerryB »

Implementing the function on our web site would not meet the legal requirements.
It is a pity that we do not get support to operate PM in Germany in a legally secure way.
br
Jerry
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

JerryB wrote:Implementing the function on our web site would not meet the legal requirements.
I don't see why not if you force a session key login from your web page (so that is the only way a player can login) and that page becomes an essential part of the client interface. Then put your "24 hour pause" button right next to the Login button. If the player enters their screen name and password and clicks the pause button, your code makes a database entry and disables their login ability until that time expires.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

You could also power a button that uses the API call BlacklistAdd to add the Player ID to that list and prevent future login.

By using the Note field and a dedicated text field value there ("24 hour self ban") you could also power a timed callback to periodically look for entries on the Blacklist and remove those entries that are past the 24 hour period (the Blacklsit has a Date field that you can use to check when the entry was made).
JerryB

Post by JerryB »

Thanks for the good ideas gents, however, unfortunately, this does not meet the legal requirement:
"The button must be permanently displayed wherever it is possible to participate in the game" (this means lobby and table).

As described, other providers (Pokerstars.eu, GGPoker, etc.) have already implemented it in their software, because otherwise they are no longer allowed to offer online poker it in Germany.

best regards
Jerry
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You could use the Web Settings (Pro and Gold editions) to portion off an edge of the screen to place a button (or any other HTML). That button could open a page on your web site for them to confirm their login credentials and put them in the blacklist and terminate their login. That would only work in the desktop interface, however.

Another idea (not on the table but is in the lobby): put button HTML in your Site News and Site FAQ. Clicking the button shows a popup message that says "To confirm your 24-ban, type BANME24 in the lobby chat". Use the Lobby Chat Event Regex feature of the Callback Event system to intercept that command and act accordingly with API code.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

JerryB,

I believe I can build you a button to these specs.

I can provide a detailed description and quote for you if you provide contact info for me here or at https://degen.club/contact
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

I believe now I am wrong and a direct button is not possible. No context for active user outside of capturing lobby chat.

If you are interested in the lobby chat means, then the offer still stands.
JerryB

Post by JerryB »

StevieG wrote:...If you are interested in the lobby chat means, then the offer still stands.
Thanks Stevie, I will discuss this with our programmer and get back to you if needed