Allow Duplicate IPs

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
tslaftw

Allow Duplicate IPs

Post by tslaftw »

Hi, I would like to allow multiple people to connect from the same home internet connection to play in tournaments and ring games. For instance, two roommates in my group want to play at the same time. I am not concerned with collusion at this time.

I have set the "Allow Duplicate IPs" setting to Yes and when I test by trying to sit two different users from the same network (but different devices) down at the same ring game, I get the following error:

Also, here is proof of my settings, I even said allow duplicate PCs, although I would prefer to keep that off if possible.

[Edit: subject line fixed]
tslaftw

Re: Allow Duplicate IPs

Post by tslaftw »

Not sure what happened, but the Subject was supposed to read:

"Allow duplicate IPs" Setting not working as expected?

Maybe mod can fix for me.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

In addition to the system setting allowing people with the same IP to login, each ring table has its own setting (with the same name) allowing them to play together on that table. So just enable that for your ring table.
tslaftw

Post by tslaftw »

Kent - thank you for pointing this out, I didn't see this documented anywhere and overlooked it on the ring table settings.

To confirm, tournaments must use the system setting for allowing duplicate IPs? I don't see a setting specific to Allowing duplicate IPs for my tournaments.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

tslaftw wrote:To confirm, tournaments must use the system setting for allowing duplicate IPs? I don't see a setting specific to Allowing duplicate IPs for my tournaments.
There's no equivalent setting for tournaments because players could register under one IP and show up and play under another. Plus collusion is less likely in a tournament, especially a multi-table one.
tslaftw

Post by tslaftw »

Thanks again for your help. This solves a big challenge for a couple of our players.
d416

Post by d416 »

Kent, I was curious if the software automatically splits players from the same IP at the beginning of a multi table tournament?
I noticed in a game the other night that I was split from my wife, and another couple that were playing were split.
Didn't know if it was a coincidence or clever programming :)
Custom Poker Mavens Tables - https://mavenstables.com/
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

d416 wrote:Kent, I was curious if the software automatically splits players from the same IP at the beginning of a multi table tournament?
No, seating is random.