PLEASE let us have the option to place people at tables toge

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
CJPoker

PLEASE let us have the option to place people at tables toge

Post by CJPoker »

Sometimes I have companies that want a table together to START in an MTT - knowing they'll get balanced eventually - but they at least want a decent amount of time playing on the same table together.
PLEASE add an option for us to have the choice of being able to do that or not.

If others want this too - please respond so Kent knows it's desired.
I know that my groups of players EVERY time I tell them about doing a tournament for them - ask if they can start together on a table.
That would be a HUGE help - and very competitive to some of the other programs already letting you have that choice.

Thank you Kent!
Keep up the great work!
ftpjesus

Re: PLEASE let us have the option to place people at tables

Post by ftpjesus »

I dont know about others but thats a double edged sword potentially as well.. The issue and concern for abuse of it resulting in collusion or softplay might be a deterrance against that happening.. The idea behind an MTT is that indeed its totally random seat assignments to avoid collusion and chip dumping which could easily happen if you sat a bunch of people together especially if hypothetically a site was playing for real money and the group bought in together and chip dumped to one person giving them an unfair stack advantage.. Im playing devils advocate here dont shoot the messenger.
Owner Operator of (TBA)
http://www.( TBA ) .com (Home Page)
http://www. (TBA) .net (Play Money)
http://www. (TBA) .eu (BTC Token tied currency and Stable Coins through Crypto quasi real money play)
jadelaar

Post by jadelaar »

I agree with FTPJesus. If the game runner were allowed to seat people at a particular table in a tournament, it would seriously hurt the credibility of the game.
CJPoker

Post by CJPoker »

Completely hear you guys - as far as general tournaments and ring games go and the fear of cheating...
But - I run a ton of charity tournaments for big sponsors - and when a sponsor is donating $5000 to $1000 or more to the charity - they want to sit together during the tournament.
MAYBE it would be possible, Kent - for it just to be turned on as an option for people who request it through you - like me or others doing charity tournaments?

It's a HUGE factor for clients - they are actually leaving the Mavens platform to find other platforms where they can sit together...

Thanks for your consideration!
Troumbomb

Post by Troumbomb »

CJPoker wrote: It's a HUGE factor for clients - they are actually leaving the Mavens platform to find other platforms where they can sit together...
What platforms are those? Seriously doubt this is a thing with any even halfway legitimate poker software.
CJPoker

Post by CJPoker »

Troumbomb wrote:
CJPoker wrote: It's a HUGE factor for clients - they are actually leaving the Mavens platform to find other platforms where they can sit together...
What platforms are those? Seriously doubt this is a thing with any even halfway legitimate poker software.

There are some platforms where you can zoom actually within the platform itself. (My wish list for Kent one day too!) On those you can seat people manually.
Clients are loving that.