Poker Mavens 6.27 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 6.27 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

I imported your tournament into 6.27 and put it online. Saw no issues. I registered a couple of players and started it and that went fine also. Check your Error Logs in your data folder and see if anything was recorded there.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

So odd.

Tried again this morning same result.

Emailed you some screen shots and the event log showing my attempts
No error log was generated when the server went to not responding - perhaps because the only way I can close out of it (that I know of) is via task manager.

Let me know what you think when you have a chance to review.
Not urgent I just reinstalled 6.25

Thanks for your time.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Good Morning,

I downloaded the 6.29 version thinking it would fix the problem I was having with 6.27. But getting the same result.

With 6.27: Players registered for tournament: When tournament is started the Mavens Application freezes and becomes unresponsive.
On the player side of things they are added to a table but there is no Ready button to press and the game never starts.
I had to force close the application
So I put it back to 6.25

Just tried to install the 6.29 version exact same outcome start to finish.

I can not update my version from 6.25 because any other version is not playable.

Obviously no one else is experience this so that means its a me thing ... but all I did was update the version.
What can I do on my end?

Thoughts on how we can trouble shoot for this?

Thanks for your time
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:With 6.27: Players registered for tournament: When tournament is started the Mavens Application freezes and becomes unresponsive.
How many players were registered? How many total logins? Are there any error logs in your data folder?
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Hey Kent,

So when I was trying this with the version 6.27 there were 10 + people.
So in order to proceed I just reinstalled the 6.25 version.

Yesterday when I upgraded to 6.29 I tried it with 2 people and the game settings were 2 or more people.
I was not sure if there were any log entries because I just went back to the 6.25 version.

So just now I reinstalled the 6.29 version tried again with 2 people - same result.
I see the players log in .. they get sent to a table .. there is no Ready button to press and the game freezes.
Then I have to force close Mavens and the logs show - Table Open / Players connect from IP / Players joins Table 1

There are no error logs that say what is causing to freeze.

The moment I reinstall 6.25 and do the above .. it works fine.

Thoughts / Next steps?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:I was not sure if there were any log entries because I just went back to the 6.25 version.
All version 6.xx editions use the same data folder so all the logs will still be there.
Then I have to force close Mavens and the logs show - Table Open / Players connect from IP / Players joins Table 1
There are no error logs that say what is causing to freeze.
And you're looking in the Logs folder inside the data folder (not just looking at the Logs tab in the software), correct?
The moment I reinstall 6.25 and do the above .. it works fine.
I don't understand that, I've looked at the revisions made since then and nothing should do that. Please export that tournament to a file and send it to me.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Yes looking at the data log files.
The ones that generated today had no errors I assume because it feezes and can't log it? The one from today just showed table put online, game start, Players join and then it freezes.

We already did the export tournament file when this happened with version 6.27. And it worked fine on your end. But I can do it again if you want

So odd.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

I'll install 6.29 - create a brand new tournament and see what happens. I'll send the log into anf game set export if it errors.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:The ones that generated today had no errors I assume because it feezes and can't log it? The one from today just showed table put online, game start, Players join and then it freezes.
The log that shows the table going online and starting, etc. will be in the EVENT log. Any errors recorded will be in a separate ERROR log in that same folder. I just want to confirm that you looked for ERROR log files (i.e., named ErrorLog2021-04-05.log, etc.).

And yes try creating a new tournament will all-default settings and if starting it freezes the server.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Hey,

Installed 6.29
Add a new Tournament with default settings.
Registered 2 players
Started Tournament
Froze - Not Responding
Had to force shut it down
No errors in log.

Will email you the log.