Websocket Connection Error

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
blockgators

Websocket Connection Error

Post by blockgators »

Can anyone suggest a port and file number. I am trying to figure out how to possibly fix getting Websocket Connection Error that occurs at random.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Websocket Connection Error

Post by Kent Briggs »

blockgators wrote:Can anyone suggest a port and file number. I am trying to figure out how to possibly fix getting Websocket Connection Error that occurs at random.
The port numbers don't really matter as far as connectivity goes, they just need to open. Are you installed on a home PC behind a router? What typically causes an issue is when your local IP address changes and thus your port forwarding in the router is pointing to the wrong place.
StraightF

Post by StraightF »

So as a player, if you attempt logging in, and you get the websocket connection error, what's the fix for it?
I don't understand the technical meaning with the answer above (.

In layman's terms, what should the player try to overcome that error?
try a different browser? reboot? clear cache? or ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

StraightF wrote:So as a player, if you attempt logging in, and you get the websocket connection error, what's the fix for it?
If it's just one player and no one else, it could be a security / anti-virus app running on their machine that is blocking the outgoing websocket connection. Have that player connect to my demo site at www.pm-demo.com and see if they have the same issue. They should also look at their browser's error console (Ctrl-Shift-J in Chrome and FireFox) and see if it shows any error message related to the websocket connection.