Auto Bot for your site

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
gsac12

Re: Auto Bot for your site

Post by gsac12 »

Hello to all.
I need a bot for the poker mavens.
Plz send me message for the details.
thnx
bye
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

Well if Nick doesn't reply to my interest in purchasing this bot for poker mavens, i might have to make one myself.
Anyone interested in buying it from me once done?
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

JAZ,

I'm sure you would get alot of interest in your bot if the price is reasonable. Three times the cost of the gold edition of Poker Mavens just doesn't make sense in my opinion. I talked to Nick a few times and tried to negotiate but he wouldn't budge. Another downside is that you would have depend on Nick for Updates to the program when new releases of Poker Mavens come out. I'm not suggesting that he doesn't provide updates, but if for some reason he decides to stop supporting the program you are out a very substantial investment with no options. If you build an affordable bot that works, I'll be the first in line and I'd be willing to bet others would be interested as well. :)
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

Well Ricky, i agree with you that 3 times the price of the gold edition is too much, but take it from my end.
I will spend approximately around 1 month to develop this application if not more, so imagine you were the only one to buy this software or assume in worst case scenario 2 or 3 at most buy my application.
Assuming i sold it for 750$ which is 1.5 times the price of the gold edition, so that's 750 x 3 = 2,250$ which is less than what i get paid from my normal job.
Do you think this is worth my efforts? and would i provide support for those 3 clients free of charge with this fee?

see what i'm getting at? if it's not worth it to go into it, i won't bother, except if i'm really really bored and have nothing else to do :) which is not the case at the moment.

let me know if this makes sense.
JAZ
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Hey Jaz,

I totally agree with you and see your point. I think the point I was trying to make though is that if most people are buying the pro version of Poker Mavens for $99, more than likely they are not going to spend $1500 for the autobot. Probably the only people that would even consider it (at that price point) would be the ones that purchased the Gold version and even then with everything considered, it's hard to justify.
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

yes true, i agree with what you said.
I thought that perhaps i can do a licensing monthly fee for it, for a small amount.
do you think this would work out for you guys?
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

I think that would be a great option...
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

yeah but it depends on how many people would subscribe and for how long? when your site has enough real players, then you won't need to subscribe.
that's something else to think about.
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Well...I think you would probably do ok with that model because you know site owners will want their site to appear full when they are first getting started. It takes time to recruit players and even when a site has players, there are still going to be down periods when nobody is playing, so I think the bots would be needed in those situations. So, in my opinion, I think even established sites would still want to keep a subscription active. I guess it would depend on the pricing really...would it be more cost effective for the site owners to pay a subscription fee or pay a lump sum to have a stand alone program?
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

i guess i'm almost finished the poker mavens bot, i'm in testing phase now.
what is a feasible price for you guys to buy it? any suggestions?