Changing the column order in the Admin console

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
saar

Changing the column order in the Admin console

Post by saar »

Is there a way to change the column order in the Admin console?
My specific need is to have the Balance next to the Player column in the Accounts tab. I take a screenshot of this for my players to summarize a session win/loss.
I'm sure there's other examples where custom order is useful.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Changing the column order in the Admin console

Post by Kent Briggs »

saar wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:45 pm Is there a way to change the column order in the Admin console?
Not currently but column management in the admin console is still on my to-do list. You could shrink all the columns in between Player and Balance down to their minimum size and then they would be pretty close together. Or use the API to call AccountsList with the Fields parameter set to "Player,Balance". You could even do that with the API Reference Utility without writing any code.
saar

Post by saar »

Thanks, I never used the API (or the reference util) before.
I'm getting socket error #10060 (connection timed out).
I have "Enable API" set to Yes, and the API password set equally on the server and ref util.
I have version set to 7, the File port to 8087 and the API path to API in the ref util.
Something I'm missing?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Make sure the "File port" in the API Utility matches the "HTTP Port" in v7. It's the same port your players connect to (which will be 80 if there is no port in your URL).
saar

Post by saar »

Kent, thanks so much for adding the column management feature on 7.06!
I'm sorry I didn't ask at the same time, but it would be really convenient if you had a "copy" feature for selected rows, that would copy in a csv (or tabular) format, that would easily allow pasting it out into an excel (or google) sheet.
It would make it much easier to manage and balance out-of-band monetary P&L.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

saar wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 12:18 pm I'm sorry I didn't ask at the same time, but it would be really convenient if you had a "copy" feature for selected rows, that would copy in a csv (or tabular) format, that would easily allow pasting it out into an excel (or google) sheet.
It would make it much easier to manage and balance out-of-band monetary P&L.
The Export feature will output selected rows to a text-based file in JSON format. There are online converters for JSON to CSV or JSON to XLS format.
saar

Post by saar »

Right, OK.
That is manageable. The only comment is that the export being on the server is very inconvenient for this purpose - since management is done on a local machine, export would require transfer of the file from the server to the local machine.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

saar wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:04 pm Right, OK.
That is manageable. The only comment is that the export being on the server is very inconvenient for this purpose - since management is done on a local machine, export would require transfer of the file from the server to the local machine.
Version 7 has a built-in download button in the file browser. Make your export, then click System tab -> Help -> Display Data Folder. Select your file and click the down arrow button and then the link. File is now on your local machine. There is an Export subfolder in the data folder that can be used for that purpose.
saar

Post by saar »

OK, thanks!