Remote Admin Profile Issue

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Tuck Fheman

Remote Admin Profile Issue

Post by Tuck Fheman »

I can login remotely to the admin panel via the Administrator account, but when I create an Admin profile it hangs at loading the language files.

Is there some certain permission/access I must give a profile for it to login remotely? I was just giving access to stop/start tourneys to someone.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Remote Admin Profile Issue

Post by Kent Briggs »

Please describe your admin profile so I can re-create it here locally. Unfortunately there's no export/import function in the profile editor.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Ok, I found the problem. The status dialog waits for the last list to get initialized before it closes. And that happens to be the blacklist data. But since your admin profile does not give access to the blacklist, that data never arrives. The user can still just close the dialog with the "X" and continue on. I'll fix that in the next update.

You can get around that in the mean time by editing the profile and give ReadOnly access to "Toolbar: Lists|Blacklist" on the Acct tab.

To give the ability to start/stop tournaments, set these profile rights on the Trny tab:

Click the All button and give everything ReadOnly rights (or just the fields you want them to see like Name and Status). Then give ReadWrite rights to "NonCreator Access" and "Toolbar: Action".
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Speaking of "NonCreator Access", I don't think I ever explained this new feature. It can be used by sites that have "agents" that recruit players and run their tables. You can use this setting to restrict their access to only the tables and accounts that they created themselves. Each account and each game has a Creator field that gets set automatically to the admin that created it. This is Gold-only feature as is the whole Admin Profile system.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Ok thanks!
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Do you have a doc on using the admin rights profile editor and what each option does/is?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bojik wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:16 am Do you have a doc on using the admin rights profile editor and what each option does/is?
Just this blurb in the help file (under System):

In the non-Gold editions, only the "Administrator" can log into the Admin Console. In the Gold edition, you can allow any number of player accounts to login into the Admin Console by creating at least one admin profile and then entering that profile name into their "Admin Profile" setting. Those players can then login using their normal player name and password. Multiple accounts can share the same profile. The data they can see and functions they can perform depend on the rights specified in the profile. To give full access rights (i.e., same as the Administrator), create a profile (names can be up to 15 alphanumeric characters) and assign ReadWrite to every item. Warning: be careful with the "Browse" rights on the Sys tab as that can give access to all files on your server. Click the OK button to save all changes made.
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

I'm getting the hang of it.
Is there a way to allow someone to see/edit the chip Balance2 but not see/edit main chip Balance?
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

Neverminded, just figured it out.
Set NoncreaterAccess to read/write
Set Toolbar: Chips/register to read/write
Set Balance to None
Set Balance2 to read/write
Bojik

Post by Bojik »

New one;
How do I exclude rights to view transactions in account tab?