Custom Menu Options

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
cgwcgroup

Custom Menu Options

Post by cgwcgroup »

I would love to have the possibility to customize menu options, specifically under "Account". See the following image
Mavens.png
Mavens.png (48.96 KiB) Viewed 1335 times
Ideally there would be two additional items in that dropdown, "Deposit" and "Withdraw". "Deposit" would allow users to click a button to generate a crypto address. "Withdraw" would allow users to input a crypto address and amount before clicking a button to submit.

Just like how we can specify a callback URL, the server admin could specify an "Account Event" URL that will be invoked for the above actions.

In the "Deposit" flow, an API call is made to the specified URL to retrieve the address for the user (this would be implemented by my own backend server). All mavens needs to do is display some result of that call. In other words, my server responds with the address to display to the user.

In the "Withdraw" flow, similarly an API call is made to a specified URL to submit the request, and the actual actions for decrementing account balance and doing the crypto work would be implemented by my own backend server.

Mavens could use whatever API conventions/contract desired for the above, I can work around whatever contract is designed.

This feature would be immensely helpful. Currently I need to have my own custom site that "wraps" around mavens to handle the above operations. If mavens could handle those two operations by calling some pre-defined APIs, I could do away with a lot of complexity and keep the user always on the mavens client.

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Custom Menu Options

Post by Kent Briggs »

If I did that I would most likely just make a very generic function, not necessarily made for deposits/withdrawals. You would label it yourself via the Language feature and associate an http URL that would be opened on a new tab (or perhaps internally in an iframe inside a popup dialog). The call would include parameters for the player's credentials (ID and session key). You could then display your own interface after confirming the credentials via an API call to the poker server.
cgwcgroup

Post by cgwcgroup »

That would be perfect, thanks! The possibility to add additional generic dropdowns, and then each would open a new tab. I eagerly await this feature in a future version!
escorpius

Post by escorpius »

Just adding my "vote" here for this feature. Would solve a couple of user experience issues for us.