SMTP Error - Email Reset / New account

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
SVTF

SMTP Error - Email Reset / New account

Post by SVTF »

Hello,

I suspect this is related to my 6.25 / 6.27 update issue.
This has worked many times up until installing 6.27

I had someone create a new account last night after 6.27 was installed - they could not get the validation code for new account.
Asked them to check their junk email said nothing was there ... then all of sudden it let them log in without the new account validation code?
Thought it was weird but forgot about it.

Then someone tonight had to reset heir password .. I walked them through the steps and received the following error code.

2021-01-05 20:05:13|Email failure (Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials j65sm564525ilg.53 - gsmtp) sending password change code to

Checked user name and password - even reset my password for my google account and updated MAVENS

Checked the settings
Host server : smtp.gmail.com
Host Port : 465
User name: [email protected]
Password : my password
From Email: [email protected]
Secure: Yes

However going back to 6.25 (because 6.27 is still freezing when I run tournaments) the SMTP error is still happening?

Thoughts suggestions?

Should I do an uninstall and brand new fresh install of MAVENS 6.25?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: SMTP Error - Email Reset / New account

Post by Kent Briggs »

See the final note in item 6 of the FAQ regarding Google's "less secure apps" setting:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm#q6
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Kent Briggs wrote:See the final note in item 6 of the FAQ regarding Google's "less secure apps" setting:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm#q6
Thanks Kent

Is that a new feature?
Some how it was shut off and the moment I turned it on .. it worked.

I must of done something to change the setting ... Odd because it just started when I did the 6.25 / 6.27 updated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote:Is that a new feature?
No, but Google will bug you to review the security on your account and will flip that setting if you're not paying attention to it.
SVTF

Post by SVTF »

Similar error...

So I changed internet providers but I am still using my google account to send validation emails.

The google less secure app setting is turned on to allow but when I attempt to reset password it says an error has occurred.

Is there another setting I need to change?

Thanks in advance
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SVTF wrote: So I changed internet providers but I am still using my google account to send validation emails.
The google less secure app setting is turned on to allow but when I attempt to reset password it says an error has occurred.
Trying logging into your gmail account from Chrome on the same machine where the poker server is installed. That will cause Google to whitelist your IP address so that it will trust it when accessing gmail from a third-party app.