Store auto-muck setting in player profile

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Grim

Store auto-muck setting in player profile

Post by Grim »

Occationally I need to refresh the "poker window" and re-login due to missing sound or whatever - which is fine. When I do, it would be nice if the "client" remembered the settings I previously had, like auto-muck. If I disable auto-muck and refresh, the setting is back on. It would be nice if table settings were stored in the player profile so when I login a week later, I don't have to do the click-dance to get my settings back.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Store auto-muck setting in player profile

Post by Kent Briggs »

Are you running in your browser's incognito mode? All those table settings are saved in local storage but incognito mode will delete them.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Nope running as normal. But every time I refresh, auto muck is back on. I've only played one night though, so maybe why this isn't stored is because I've never had a "graceful termination"? I either refresh or close the browser. Local storage means on my PC, right? Similar to cookies? I don't allow 3rd party cookies, but I can't see a reason why you'd want to do that.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Local storage is a database that the browser maintains for each URL that you visit. Poker Mavens writes local settings to that database immediately as you change them so a graceful exit is not necessary. It reads those settings each time the client loads, which is how it remembers your login name and password if you checked the "Remember" box. In Chrome (for example) you can view the local storage for the current site you are viewing by pressing the F12 key (to bring up developer tools in the lower third of the screen), then click "Applications" on the top line menu. Then click "Local Storage" in the left-side box and then the URL. Other browsers will have a different menu for showing those settings.