Multiply Bonus set to Min for Bounty Tournaments

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
The MPC

Multiply Bonus set to Min for Bounty Tournaments

Post by The MPC »

In Bounty tournaments, the bounty itself is usually considered part of the prize pool and therefor should be considered part of the guaranteed minimum prize pool.

Prize Bonus = 1000
Multiply Bonus = Min

BuyIn = 20
Bounty = 5

it currently takes 50 entries to meet the gtd, but it should only be 40

Please consider changing this for future updates.

Thanks
ColorUp Poker
#PlayBadRunWell #BetterLuckyThanGood #PlayBetter
https://www.colorup.poker
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Multiply Bonus set to Min for Bounty Tournaments

Post by Kent Briggs »

The bounty is subtracted from the buy-in, not added to it. So you would actually need 67 entrants to meet your 1000 chip guarantee (assuming no rebuys). In Poker Mavens, the prizepool is the portion paid out with the payout structure, which is separate from the bounties, and it's that portion that the guaranteed minimum is measured against. If you want 40 entrants to meet your guarantee (and keep the 5 chip bounty) then you either need to raise your buy-in to 30 or lower your prize bonus to 600.
The MPC

Re: Multiply Bonus set to Min for Bounty Tournaments

Post by The MPC »

The incorrect math on my part aside (which I knew and still did it wrong)...

"In Poker Mavens, the prizepool is the portion paid out with the payout structure, which is separate from the bounties, and it's that portion that the guaranteed minimum is measured against."

My "wish" is that you would change the setting so that in ALL tournaments the guaranteed minimum would be measured against (Entrants * BuyIn) + ((Rebuys + AddOns) * Rebuy Cost) rather than your current prizepool calculation, since bounties SHOULD be considered part of the prizepool when it comes to guarantees.

Thanks for the consideration.
ColorUp Poker
#PlayBadRunWell #BetterLuckyThanGood #PlayBetter
https://www.colorup.poker