Variable Starting Stacks (using ticket?)

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Bartdude

Variable Starting Stacks (using ticket?)

Post by Bartdude »

Hi Kent,

A bit of an oddball request, I'm sure (but you probably see a lot of that)...

Can you consider a mechanism to allow for some players to have different starting stacks for a tournament? Before you say "but all tournaments start with the same stacks for every player", here is the reasoning behind my request:

1) Many (live) home tournament leagues have a structure where players earn points during the season, and then the season finale credits the players with additional chips based on their league standings.
2) Many (live) home tournaments offer a chip bonus for things such as early registration, on-time arrival, etc.

With the ticket feature already being a part of the program, would it be possible to have a feature where a ticket awarded to a player could be used to top up the starting stack by a configurable amount? For example, one ticket code could be worth 500 chips, another could be worth 1000 chips, a third could be worth 1500 chips ? Or could you "stack" multiple tickets so that each ticket is worth the same amount (say 100 chips) , but the admin can award multiple tickets so that one player could have 100 extra, and other players could have different multiples of 100?

Thanks for considering this, and thanks for developing this program. It has allowed my group to continue playing throughout the ongoing health crisis in a safe and fun manner. Best $150 I have spent on poker, by far.
draker

Re: Variable Starting Stacks (using ticket?)

Post by draker »

Just wanted to chime in to say that our poker club would use this as well. One ticket for the buy-in and a different one for various chip bonus add-ons would be a great improvement.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Variable Starting Stacks (using ticket?)

Post by Kent Briggs »