Rebuy Notification

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Mudslide03

Rebuy Notification

Post by Mudslide03 »

The rebuy ending time always sneaks up on us. Is there any type of notification that I can turn on to warn a few minutes before it ends?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Rebuy Notification

Post by Kent Briggs »

You would need to use the API to post an automated message. But players should be thinking about rebuys when their stacks fall below the rebuy threshold, not waiting until the last second to do it. Also, you can turn on the add-on feature where every player is eligible and has plenty of time to use it.
dengland

Post by dengland »

players should be thinking about rebuys when their stacks fall below the rebuy threshold, not waiting until the last second to do it.
I have late registration that goes to the end of the 5-minute break that occurs after level 6. Level 6 is the last of the rebuys. If I understand it correctly, if a player gets knocked out, they have the turn clock time to rebuy.

A couple of times I have run into players on the last hand of level 6 lose enough chips to fall below the rebuy threshold, but not get knocked out. It has been reported to me that they could not execute the rebuy. I seem to get the "end of rebuy" message coincident with end of level 6 / start of the break. They do not seem to have the turn clock time to rebuy if they still have chips.

I just wanted to make sure that I am not missing a setting that would allow they player to react to the action of the last hand where they do not get totally knocked out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

dengland wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:54 pm A couple of times I have run into players on the last hand of level 6 lose enough chips to fall below the rebuy threshold, but not get knocked out. It has been reported to me that they could not execute the rebuy. I seem to get the "end of rebuy" message coincident with end of level 6 / start of the break. They do not seem to have the turn clock time to rebuy if they still have chips.
They only get the timed response on a rebuy if they lost all their chips and are about to get booted out. Otherwise, they have to choose that option from the table menu any time before the rebuy period ends. Note that the rebuy period is determined by the tournament clock, which is not linked to any particular table's hand play. So the rebuy period could end (and likely would end) right in the middle of a hand.
dengland

Post by dengland »

Thanks Kent.

I would like to +1 again something that I have already +1 in the wish list in this thread viewtopic.php?t=3569 ... the ability to surrender your chips during late registration. That would solve the crippled on the last hand issue for me since late registration for me encompasses the break.

Thanks again.