Testers Wanted - Poker Tracker Hand Converter

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
StevieG

Testers Wanted - Poker Tracker Hand Converter

Post by StevieG »

I am working on a hand converter for Poker Tracker.

Problem is, I do not use Poker Tracker.

I would prefer someone who is willing to share hand history files with me. I'll convert them and get them to you so you can try importing.

Also helpful if someone is already importing both Hold'Em and Omaha hands (including Hi-Lo) and is also playing those games on a Mavens site.

Please reply first in this thread, please. :D
zxzx10r

Re: Testers Wanted - Poker Tracker Hand Converter

Post by zxzx10r »

Could you explain the purpose of it ?

is this for replay purpose ? because HUD you will not be able to use it for

as for the conversion, just take a PokerStars hand, and try to make the structure the same (i think i can do with in 1-2 hours with PowerShell)

just feed the hand into vars and spit it out like its a PokerStars hand
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

zxzx10r wrote:Could you explain the purpose of it ?
The purpose is to convert hand history to a format that Poker Tracker will import so that people who use PT for tracking their play can include their play on Mavens sites.

Poker Tracker has published a hand history format specification that they say they support, found here: https://hh-specs.handhistory.org/.

I want to enable taking a hand history files from Mavens and convert to that format.

The work is done.

At this point I am looking for someone willing to share hand histories and try importing the converted files into Poker Tracker.

zxzx10r wrote:as for the conversion, just take a PokerStars hand, and try to make the structure the same (i think i can do with in 1-2 hours with PowerShell)
Your estimate is not accurate.
fonzieschemez

Post by fonzieschemez »

Wondering if this initiative was successful? I'd be very interested in this capability.
DSPotic

Post by DSPotic »

Likewise. I would be interested in analyzing my own HHs.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

I reached out to Poker Tracker and was in touch with someone from their team, but the conversation fizzled.

I made my Python routine available to them that would convert Mavens hand histories to their stated OHH format specified here: t https://hh-specs.handhistory.org/

They did not get back to me.

I do not know if they ever tested my Python script or if they ever tried to import a resulting hand history output.

I'll reach out again to PT, just to see.
mudbuddha

Post by mudbuddha »

could you share? i am learning python, would be nice to try it.
hpolack

Post by hpolack »

I would love to share my HandHIstory. I have a lot and I have some that are both HI-LO and Holdem rotating in. Can I try your code? I also have some developers that would be happy to take a look at your code to help guide if you would like.
fonzieschemez

Post by fonzieschemez »

I would love to get access to the code as well. Being able to export to this format in a text file would be very useful.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Hey, all. Glad for the interest.

I have downloaded the trial version of PT4 and I have done a successful upload.

There are some caveats - looks like I may need to be very careful about treating non_ASCII (python is great about it, but the PT4 import seems to be fussy, at least with file name and table names). Also I saw some weirdness with import of a longer hand history where invalid stacks were reported by the import.

But let's work together.

I will start a GitHub project and we can collaborate there.