Change default client behavior

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
tslaftw

Change default client behavior

Post by tslaftw »

Hello,

Is there a way to change default client behavior? For instance, I find players asking me how they can show their hole cards after a hand. I have to tell them each time how to go and disable auto-muck in their settings.

It would be nice to change the default for this setting to be "on" and people can turn it on if they like.

Is this possible? I have tried reading the documentation and searching the forum with no luck. My apologies if this is documented somewhere already.

Thank you.
tslaftw

Re: Change default client behavior

Post by tslaftw »

tslaftw wrote:Hello,

Is there a way to change default client behavior? For instance, I find players asking me how they can show their hole cards after a hand. I have to tell them each time how to go and disable auto-muck in their settings.

It would be nice to change the default for this setting to be "on" and people can turn it on if they like.

Is this possible? I have tried reading the documentation and searching the forum with no luck. My apologies if this is documented somewhere already.

Thank you.
My apologies the above should have said "It would be nice to change the default for this setting to be "OFF" and people can turn it on if they like."
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Auto muck is on by default because new players tend to freeze when they see the Muck/Show buttons and waste everyone's time waiting for that option to time out. But you can use the Site News and/or Site FAQ features to educate your players on where the tables settings are located.
tslaftw

Post by tslaftw »

Thanks for the reply Kent.
Mudslide03

Post by Mudslide03 »

Would it be possible to make this an option so we can decide if we want the default to on or off? My crew all likes to show cards occasionally and we all had to turn auto-muck back off after I did a version upgrade yesterday.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mudslide03 wrote:we all had to turn auto-muck back off after I did a version upgrade yesterday.
The only server-side update that would cause clients settings to reset is if your URL changed. That's because those settings are stored in the browser's local storage database, which is URL specific.
Mudslide03

Post by Mudslide03 »

I use a redirect to a dynamic IP. My IP changed so I had to update my redirect at 1and1.com. Looks like it's time to spring for a static IP.

Still would like the option to default new players to Auto-Muck off though.