Question regarding bonus ticket on tourneys

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Grim

Question regarding bonus ticket on tourneys

Post by Grim »

So we've finished a league and will have a final game where the league-placement will determine extra chips. So this part is ok, but they also get 1 rebuy where they're supposed to get the extra chips again. Do I understand it correctly that if I give a player two identical tickets, e.g. bonus3000, he'll get 3000 extra chips on the first buy in and if he rebuys, he'll get 3000 extra chips there as well? Or do I risk that he "cashes" both bonus tickets on his buy in for 6000 extra chips and no extra chips on his potential rebuy?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Question regarding bonus ticket on tourneys

Post by Kent Briggs »

Only one bonus ticket is consumed on each entry. On a re-entry (not a rebuy) tournament, each re-entry is treated like a new player using the late registration. So only then would they use up any additional bonus tickets.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Oh! So my plan to have bonus3000,bonus3000 on a player who should get 3k extra chips won't work on rebuys?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Grim wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:37 pm Oh! So my plan to have bonus3000,bonus3000 on a player who should get 3k extra chips won't work on rebuys?
The bonus ticket adds extra starting chips at the beginning of a tournament. It has nothing to do with rebuys.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Thanks!

So I need to revise my plan then. Any suggestions? My goals are:
Different start stacks (and "2nd chance" stack)
Buy in 800,-
2nd chance (if you bust first 2 hours): 500,-

So different start stacks means I can't do rebuy. Is there a discount ticket I can use on the re-entry? E.g. enter the discount tickets during the 1st hand.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

You could make a re-entry tournament with 500 starting chips. And give out one 300-chip bonus ticket to every player so they start with 800. Set a late registration period of 120 minutes.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Sorry, I wasn't very clear.

Start stacks
Player A : 17k, re-entry: 17k
B : 15k, re-entry: 15k
C, D, E : 13k, re-entry: 13k
F, G, H, I, J: 10k, re-entry 13k

So far I've handled this by giving player F-J their 3k bonus ticket for re-entry after they've played their first hand, while the remaining players have gotten 2 (equal) bonus tickets. However, this time I wanted to bump up the first buy in to 800 monies and make 2nd one a tad cheaper, costing 500 monies.

As far as I can see, this is not possible. Even messing with add-ons will get weird, so I guess I should just change from rebuy to re-entry and change the price to 650 monies.

Well, at least I avoided the rebuy catastrophe. :)