Bonus Tickets for Early Registration

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bcruey

Bonus Tickets for Early Registration

Post by Bcruey »

I am trying to get more people registered for my tournaments and want to try and offer a bonus ticket for an extra 2000 chips for the first X number of players who register for my tournament. I am wondering if that is something that can be accomplished with the api or some other method? I am a hack programmer at best, but I would be curious how people have tried to handle this or something similar with their clubs.

Thanks

Bryce
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Bonus Tickets for Early Registration

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bcruey wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:23 pm is something that can be accomplished with the api or some other method?
Yes, you could use the "Tournament register" callback event to trigger your code when someone registers. Check the parameters to see if it's the relevant tournament. Call TournamentsWaiting in the API to get the registration count to see if there are under X number of players. Call AccountsTicket in the API to award the bonus ticket. You'll probably also want to monitor the "Tournament unregister" callback event to remove a ticket and possibly award it to the next player over the X amount.

To do all of this manually (no coding) you would make a note of the first X players in the waiting list a few minutes before the scheduled start, select each one on the Accounts tab in the Admin Console (Select mode set to Toggle). Click the Tokens button and then the Add Tickets button.
Bcruey

Post by Bcruey »

Thanks for that response. That is awesome. Another Ticket question that I have is, can I award tickets that work as partial buy-ins? For instance, say I would like to award people a ticket for 10 units that they could use as partial payment for a 50 unit tournament. Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bcruey wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 10:47 am can I award tickets that work as partial buy-ins?
No, tickets are not like coupons. It's all or nothing. You could however sell a ticket to a player for a price that is less than the normal buy-in.