Remove Disconnected Player From Active Tourney

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Supersonics

Remove Disconnected Player From Active Tourney

Post by Supersonics »

Is there a way to remove a disconnected player from an active tournament? If not, I highly recommend this feature be added as it can create one of the most frustrating experiences for everyone playing a tournament.

I always ask people to only play with a good connection, but sometimes for whatever reason, a player may become disconnected for a very long time during an active tournament. This really becomes an issue if they have a larger chip stack and end up making a final table.

I have a rule in my league: If a player sits out for longer than 15 minutes during an active tournament without notifying me that something came up, I will remove them from the tournament manually if they make the money. This rarely happens as most situations like this end up blinding someone out before the money. But in the situation where they last long enough to make it to the money, it is very disruptive.

Just like the 'No Show' minutes setting where the system will remove a player, I would like a 'Disconnect Minutes' setting or some similar solution. I would set mine to 15 minutes for example, and if someone ended up sitting out for 15 minutes, the system would remove them from the tournament without a refund for their entry fee.

If this isn't possible, I would like to have the option as the Admin to physically remove someone from the Admin side manually. I tried to figure out how to do this last night and I could not find a way.

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Remove Disconnected Player From Active Tourney

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:57 am Is there a way to remove a disconnected player from an active tournament?
No, disconnected is the same as sitting out, which is the same as folding every hand. Eventually they will be blinded out.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Thanks Kent,

As a host, one of my rules is to stay active in a tournament that you planned to play. If someone falls asleep at the table while playing, or has a horrible wifi connection, it is extremely frustrating for everyone remaining in the tournament. The players at their table essentially get a lot of free blinds and it changes the strategy of the game. If that player had a giant chip-to-blind ratio before disconnecting it could take hours to blind out. This just happened to us during our last poker night where a deepstack went MIA for 60+ minutes before finishing 2nd and cashing for 360 chips. I understand that this is what someone could do in the WSOP, but, our game is like a home game, if someone fell asleep in my home game, haha, that's their fault, game over.

Based on the rules in my league and without this control in place, I had to manually adjust chip balances since I DQ'd the player who went MIA. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep. My league rule is that you will be DQ'd from a tournament if you Sitout more than 15 minutes. In 1,600+ tourneys, I have only had to enforce this rule 3 times. BUT... when it happens where a DQ'd player makes the prize pool, it really sucks.

I would like to request the following Tournament control be added for Admins

Sitout/Disconnect Minutes - This is the maximum number of consecutive minutes (1 to 120) that a player can sit out or be disconnected before being automatically removed from the tournament. The default value is 0. It does not matter if they are logged in or not. Their buy-ins and entry fees will not be refunded, they will remain in the prize pool. All chips in their stacks will be removed from the table except for those that were bled off from the blinds. This feature is best used for hosts who encourage or require active play in their leagues.

Thanks, Supersonics
JerryB

Post by JerryB »

Supersonics wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 7:49 pm ...Sitout/Disconnect Minutes - This is the maximum number of consecutive minutes (1 to 120) that a player can sit out or be disconnected before being automatically removed from the tournament...
We would also be very happy about this feature :!: