Player resigned on logout

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
dawg6

Player resigned on logout

Post by dawg6 »

Running version 7.15 (Pro).

Tournament has setting "Unregister at logout" set to "No"

One of players clicked Lobby/Logout and it resigned him from the tournament.

I could not find a way to add the player back to the tournment or anything.
dawg6

Re: Player resigned on logout

Post by dawg6 »

Update, player tells me may have gotten a popup after selectig lobby/logout, but doesn't recall what it said. Perhaps it said "you will resign your tournament?"
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Logging out while registered gives the following popup regardless of whether "Unregister at logout" is set or not:

You are active at the tables listed below. Do you still want to logout?
In waiting list for (tourney name)

Have you double-checked the status of the "Unregister at logout" setting? What does the Event Log show when that player logged out? If "Unregister at logout" is set to Yes then you will get these records in the Event Log:

(player name) logged out session xxxxxxxx
(player name) unregisters from (tourney name)
(player name) +xxxx balance (xxxx) (tourney name)
dawg6

Post by dawg6 »

Yes, I double checked.

It just says (player name) logged out session xxxxxxxx

In the log for the table it says "(player name) resigned from tournament"

Note: this was while the tournament was active (during first hand). Player had a stale connection (no action buttons available) so he wanted to quickly logout/login to reset his UI. In hind sight, he should have just refreshed browser window.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

dawg6 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:12 pm In the log for the table it says "(player name) resigned from tournament"
Ok, that's a completely different thing. You have the "Can resign" setting turned on for the tourney and the player selected that option on the table's Leave menu. Just logging out while seated at a running tourney does not remove you from the tourney. Doing that will just put you in sitout mode until you return or get blinded out.

Your player clicked the Leave icon then selected "Leave Tournament" and then clicked Ok when he saw this popup:
Do you want to surrender your chip stack and leave this tournament after the hand completes?
dawg6

Post by dawg6 »

I asked the player if that's what he did and he says no, that he clicked Lobby/Logout. He swears he did not click the Leave Table icon at the table.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

dawg6 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:25 pm I asked the player if that's what he did and he says no, that he clicked Lobby/Logout. He swears he did not click the Leave Table icon at the table.
If you can simulate that and get the same result, let me know. But I bet you can't without doing what I mentioned above.
dawg6

Post by dawg6 »

Yeah, you are right. I could not reproduce it when I tried using lobby/logout and account/logout. And in the leave table menu there are multiple options, apparently he must have selected "leave tournament" because even "Leave Table" did not resign me when I was testing.