Poker Mavens 8.0

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
The MPC

Poker Mavens 8.0

Post by The MPC »

Are there any teases you can give us for your next iteration of Poker Mavens?

Also, my wish list request would be to add a 3rd Balance Option.
ColorUp Poker
#PlayBadRunWell #BetterLuckyThanGood #PlayBetter
https://www.colorup.poker
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 8.0

Post by Kent Briggs »

Haven't even thought about v8 yet. It was 3.5 years in between v6 and v7.
The MPC

Post by The MPC »

Lol, damn, I’ve been doing this longer than I thought.
ColorUp Poker
#PlayBadRunWell #BetterLuckyThanGood #PlayBetter
https://www.colorup.poker
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Happy New Year Kent!

On this thread you mentioned it took 3.5 years between the past few major updates. April 2024 will be the 2 year mark since 7.0 was launched.

I'm personally pausing on hosting poker after we launched 1,700 tournaments in 3.5 years. We enjoy playing every variant that PM offers, but I'm definitely interested in playing draw games.

Are you planning to stay with the current timeline of 3.5 years? If so, I'll mark my calendar for October 2025 to check back here.

Thanks,
Supersonics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:55 pm Are you planning to stay with the current timeline of 3.5 years?
There's no set time period time, just whenever I have enough ideas, time, and energy to create a new one.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

Okay thanks Kent!
I have zero programming skills, but I'm trying to imagine how the coding would work for a draw game.
Since the card shuffle is pre-determined, and we can select individual cards to show to the other players at the table, I wonder how the next step would work where you pick your card(s) which would be replaced with the next cards in the deck... hmm...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Supersonics wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:50 pm Since the card shuffle is pre-determined, and we can select individual cards to show to the other players at the table, I wonder how the next step would work where you pick your card(s) which would be replaced with the next cards in the deck... hmm...
That same card selection system (clicking on individual cards to show when you win without a showdown or if your fold ends the hand) could be used in draw games to choose your replacement cards.