Mystery Bounty

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
omernesh

Mystery Bounty

Post by omernesh »

Hey Kent,

Are there any plans to include a mystery bounty option in future releases?

A Mystery Bounty tournament is a tournament where the prize you win for knocking out an opponent isn’t known when you make your decision; it’s only revealed after you win the prize. The list of prizes you can win is set at the start of the tournament. Most bounties are the minimum amount, but some of them can be 50x or even 100x your buyin! Not only does this add another layer of excitement when your bounty is revealed, but it also eliminates some of the skill edges that the better players have.

Mystery Bounty tournaments have become extremely popular over the past few years.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on the matter.

O.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Mystery Bounty

Post by Kent Briggs »

omernesh wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:06 am Are there any plans to include a mystery bounty option in future releases?
No, poker is not a lottery.
but some of them can be 50x or even 100x your buyin!
And how would this be funded?
ftpjesus

Post by ftpjesus »

The whole mystery bounty thing Im not sure is that easy to figure in online. Im not even aware of higher end poker software like enterra offering it as an option

Second half regarding funding is easier as it would just be taken out of the bountys already set instead of a progressive KO bounty would be randomly assigned per player. Im sure it might be a bit of a pain to code it honestly basically another invocation of the RNG Id guess but again to me it seems like a major Pain in the arse.
Owner Operator of (TBA)
http://www.( TBA ) .com (Home Page)
http://www. (TBA) .net (Play Money)
http://www. (TBA) .eu (BTC Token tied currency and Stable Coins through Crypto quasi real money play)
omernesh

Post by omernesh »

Hey,

Lottery - well, I (and many others) don't see it that way. It's a different way to play, different incentive. The truth of the matter is that mystery bounty is actually very popular.

Funding - either from allocating a set amount from the house or just re-allocating the bounties. Just randomize the bounty prize pool among the players.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

I run a 'Mystery Bounty' but in a slightly different way.

I have a satellite tournament with a $0 buy in, and whatever Entry Fee, let's say $10.
Top 4 players become 'suspects' and receive unfunded tickets to the mystery bounty tourney.

Say 35 players play in the satellite, so that generates $350, funding my mystery bounties.

Then the actual Mystery Bounty Tournament would be whatever buy-in you'd like, but let's say it's $50 Entry, and you can always add a small Entry Fee on top of that to further build your Mystery Bounties.

The 4 players who won tickets will have special mystery avatars that you give them, and you can either have fixed 'Mystery Bounty' amounts on each of the 4 players ahead of time, which isn't much of a mystery. Or, do a random thing after, like pick cards, whatever. So one of those players could have a $150 bounty on them, then $100, and 2x $50 bounties.

My league loves this, and I typically run it about once every 4 months.