Player Accounts keep disappearing

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
jshark

Player Accounts keep disappearing

Post by jshark »

I have had this issue I believe ever since I upgraded to V7. Nearly every single time our group logs on to play, the accounts tab says zero and everyone must recreate. I've just ignored this for a long while now but it's time to figure out why as everyone is pretty tired of it lol.

I looked in the data folder and there is an 'accounts.db' file in there with from what I can tell every account ever created since, some 50 accounts it appears. But it doesn't show any modifications in it since April 1, which is 2 days before I purchased and installed V7 (April 3).

All other databases seem to be updating fine. How can I fix this?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Player Accounts keep disappearing

Post by Kent Briggs »

Are you looking in the v7 data folder? It's in a different location from previous versions. Click the Data Folder button in the PM Service Manager or on the Help menu in the Admin Console. Also look for Error logs in the Logs subfolder and see what they show. And patch up to 7.10 if you haven't already.
jshark

Post by jshark »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I'm looking in the v7 data folder, and I did just complete the upgrade to 7.10.

This is what it says in the error logs (there are maybe a half dozen instances of this errorlog all saying the same):

2022-10-27 14:57:07|Unexpected Accounts.db version found: 6.00
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:04 pm Thanks for the quick reply.
Yes I'm looking in the v7 data folder, and I did just complete the upgrade to 7.10.
This is what it says in the error logs (there are maybe a half dozen instances of this errorlog all saying the same):
2022-10-27 14:57:07|Unexpected Accounts.db version found: 6.00
You cannot just copy the v6 data files into the v7 folder. You have to run the Import Utility. There should have been instructions letting you know this in the v7 receipt email.

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/ ... htm#import
jshark

Post by jshark »

So, I did run that utility back when I upgraded.. I just verified that the .zip was in my downloads folder from the same date I upgraded, April 3, and it is. I remember running it and it said it was successful. But I had to recreate all of my tournaments and cash games, I now realize. Those have all successfully saved since then, but the users keep deleting itself.

I just ran the utility again, it again said it successfully imported from 6 to 7, and there are still no accounts. The import is failing for some reason. The accounts.db file has data in it, but it's not populating into the admin console.
jshark

Post by jshark »

I just deleted the file I imported, made sure it was gone, then fired up the server and created an account. Shut it down, a new accounts.db file was created. I fired everything back up and my account was still there.

Do you feel that going forward any new accounts created will be saved? Is my little experiment here showing that going forward the accounts will stay?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:11 pm I just ran the utility again, it again said it successfully imported from 6 to 7, and there are still no accounts.
The import utility looks in the old v6 data folder for the .db files. Sounds like they weren't there because you had them in the v7 folder and thus it created new blank v7 files.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:19 pm Do you feel that going forward any new accounts created will be saved?
Check the error log and make sure there are no errors. Make at least 1 account then completely close the program and restart it. All data gets loaded from the .db files on startup.
jshark

Post by jshark »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:38 pm
jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:11 pm I just ran the utility again, it again said it successfully imported from 6 to 7, and there are still no accounts.
The import utility looks in the old v6 data folder for the .db files. Sounds like they weren't there because you had them in the v7 folder and thus it created new blank v7 files.
No, the old file is still there and populated with like 50 user accounts in the old V6 data folder. I can open it in notepad and sort of read the jibberish. It sounds like you believe I manually copy and pasted it from v6 to v7, and I did not. I used the import utility back then, and again today. Something caused it to fail both times. I work in IT, just as a reference point to my technical acumen. I assure you, I followed the instructions. :D

I’m cautiously hopeful that allowing it to create a brand new one from scratch will fix this issue going forward.
jshark

Post by jshark »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:40 pm
jshark wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:19 pm Do you feel that going forward any new accounts created will be saved?
Check the error log and make sure there are no errors. Make at least 1 account then completely close the program and restart it. All data gets loaded from the .db files on startup.
I have done that and the 1 account remained so, fingers crossed. Thanks for your time today.