System Break on Ring Tables

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
Supersonics

System Break on Ring Tables

Post by Supersonics »

This has likely been covered in another thread, I am unable to find the topic, so I'll post here.

On a typical poker night, we have several tournaments active simultaneously, they all have a break sync to provide the group of typically 60 people, a 6 minute break at 55 minutes after the hour every hour.

At the same time, we will have 6-8 ring tables going, and many of the players are multi-tabling between tournaments and ring.

I have received requests from players asking if there is any way to include the ring table into the system-wide break sync. Sure, everyone can individually sit out of each table, but for a number of helpful reasons, it would be much easier to include the ring tables into the system sync.

Is it possible to include this option for those of us hosts running very involved poker nights where it is common to have 15+ tables active at the same time?

Thanks,
Supersonics
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.02.30 PM-5.jpg
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 10.02.30 PM-5.jpg (113.51 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: System Break on Ring Tables

Post by Kent Briggs »

You could implement your own automatic system by calling RingGamesPause in the API, with the Now parameter set to No to pause after the current hand. And then RingGamesResume after the break.
Supersonics

Re: System Break on Ring Tables

Post by Supersonics »

Thanks for the response Kent. I can organize and host an entertaining night of poker with 15+ different unique table themes, SNGs, featured tournaments and ring games going on at the same time, we just had our 1200th tournament last night in 28 months... but the API tools are over my head.

I witnessed the issue last night while on zoom where guys are multi-tabling on several different tables and are unwilling to sit out of each table to take a break, so grabbing a drink or using the bathroom turns into a frantic ordeal. If this is something to consider as an option in the settings where I could sync an hourly break like I have with my tournaments, it would help the noobs like me greatly enhance the 'quality of life' experience for the 60+ players I'm hosting 3 nights a week. Thanks, Brad