Changing Decks and Run it Twice

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
BaxtersClub

Changing Decks and Run it Twice

Post by BaxtersClub »

I'm not sure this rises to the "bug" level, but I was unable to find other discussion about it. I am posting more or less to confirm my theory on what is happening, since it really doesn't affect many users.

Last night, one of my players changed decks during a ring game, during a hand in fact. He went from a 2-color deck to a 4-color deck, making the issue I am going to describe fairly easy to notice.

The deck change was instant, which is great. However, after that, for the rest of the session, whenever somebody used the "run it twice" feature, it appeared that the old deck was being used to show the second run (the half card graphic.)

My theory is that the image(s) for the half cards are being cached somehow, and are not being refreshed when the main deck is changed. I suspect that it will be resolved on his next session. So I just wanted to confirm this theory. Does that make sense?

The only reason I am doubting this is that the history replayer shows the correct card images. So it doesn't completely add up, at least to me, that the half card images would be coming from two different places.

(FYI, all 4 of my decks are the correct resolution for V7, but all 4 have custom cardbacks. I assume it doesn't matter, but just wanted to point out that none of my decks are the standard sprite.)

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Changing Decks and Run it Twice

Post by Kent Briggs »

Yes, I can replicate this bug. The deck change function is only updating the first board whereas the second board (created when the run-it-twice feature was added) sticks with the deck that was assigned when the table was created. I'll fix that in the next update. In the mean time a player can just click the Refresh Table icon and that will force the second board to update itself with the current card deck.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

Thanks.

And yes, my player just confirmed that it is working correctly in his new session.

I had also forgotten about the Refresh Table button. So thanks for the reminder.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Now fixed in 7.07
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

Kent Briggs wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:12 pm Now fixed in 7.07
Awesome! Thanks.