Rejected Request RFC1918

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
dengland

Rejected Request RFC1918

Post by dengland »

New issue cropped up when I was out of town...

I got some complaints while I was out of town during a regularly recurring game that no one could get into the game. I figured something had caused a reboot. When I got back in town I found everything was still running. I tried locally and got "Rejected request from RFC1918 IP to public server address." I rebooted the computer that Poker Mavens is running on and get the same error. PokerMavens.net appears to be advertising my IP correctly.

I have not done any port changes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Rejected Request RFC1918

Post by Kent Briggs »

Are you installed behind a router on a home network? If so, check if your Internet IP changed or if your Local IP changed (thus screwing up your port forwarding).
dengland

Re: Rejected Request RFC1918

Post by dengland »

Thanks for the hint. I am not sure what caused the issue, but I resolved it by deleting all of my port forwarding entries and then re-establishing via the Poker Mavens Service Manager, "Router Firewall" button.

My internal NW IP had not changed. I could definitely get to the client with 127.0.0.1 in the browser, so it had to be on the router side.

Thanks again.