Need some assistance, please, with v6 to v7 pro upgrade.

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
naked_eskimo

Re: Need some assistance, please, with v6 to v7 pro upgrade.

Post by naked_eskimo »

Is port 80 necessary if using ssl? I don't think I had a port 80 rule on my router/firewall for my pm server before...
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:26 pm Is port 80 necessary if using ssl? I don't think I had a port 80 rule on my router/firewall for my pm server before...
Yes, the HTTP and WS Port (i.e., the non-SSL ports) are always active. You wouldn't be able to get into the Admin Console on localhost without them.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

But it doesn't have to be 80. Use any port number you want that isn't in use by some other program.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Kent Briggs wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:37 pm
naked_eskimo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:26 pm Is port 80 necessary if using ssl? I don't think I had a port 80 rule on my router/firewall for my pm server before...
Yes, the HTTP and WS Port (i.e., the non-SSL ports) are always active. You wouldn't be able to get into the Admin Console on localhost without them.
I meant more from an edge firewall point of view, not local to the server.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Working now.

My biggest issue ended up being that I didn't realize there was a start button in the admin console for v7. I just installed today and am not familiar with the web admin console at all. I've always just used the vmrc to admin my server.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:10 pm My biggest issue ended up being that I didn't realize there was a start button in the admin console for v7.
The v7 Admin Console has the same tabbed layout as the v6 Windows Interface. But the v6 remote interface didn't have Start and Stop buttons because the server had to already be online to make the remote connection.