CallbackURL Using Local Folder?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: CallbackURL Using Local Folder?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:38 am So you're saying that it is saving that tourneys results in a text file on the remote server calling TournamentResults?
This has been true since version 2.
If so, where is that stored on the remote server?
Click the Help button in the Admin Console then click the Data Folder button. Double-click the TourneyResults folder.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also see these two Log Settings on System tab:

Save tournament results
Maximum tournament days
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:49 am
Tuck Fheman wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:38 am So you're saying that it is saving that tourneys results in a text file on the remote server calling TournamentResults?
This has been true since version 2.
If so, where is that stored on the remote server?
Click the Help button in the Admin Console then click the Data Folder button. Double-click the TourneyResults folder.
I'm aware that it stores the tourney results on the server that's hosting PM, but what I'm asking is when calling the TourneyResults via API from a separate server (say where our website is hosted), is that websites server storing the results in some txt file after it's retrieved via the API call or can it somehow be saved to a text file after calling TourneyResults via the API so that I can search through a physical copy on the websites server?

We run PM on one server and the website on a completely different server to be clear. So I don't have access to the physical tourney results text files on the PM server so that my php code can go through them. I hope that makes sense.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:35 am I'm aware that it stores the tourney results on the server that's hosting PM, but what I'm asking is when calling the TourneyResults via API from a separate server (say where our website is hosted), is that websites server storing the results in some txt file after it's retrieved via the API call or can it somehow be saved to a text file after calling TourneyResults via the API so that I can search through a physical copy on the websites server?
What your API code does with the results it pulls from the poker server via its HTTP connection is up to you (or whoever wrote your API code). Nothing on your end gets saved to a file unless your code writes something to a file.
We run PM on one server and the website on a completely different server to be clear. So I don't have access to the physical tourney results text files on the PM server
You do now in v7 because the admin console file browser has a download button (Admin Profile rights permitting).
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:41 pm You do now in v7 because the admin console file browser has a download button (Admin Profile rights permitting).
Yeah, that is handy!

Unfortunately the code in question is running in the TourneyFinished callback event.

Ok, so I either need to figure out how to write the results to a file on the remote server where the callback is run within the TourneyFinished event or the port issue needs to be resolved so I can stop working around all of this.

Thanks for the help, sorry I'm just unfamiliar with how everything works together and trying my best to code some stats up with very little knowledge.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Is there a way to use TournamentsResults API command with the Tourney "Number" (that the TourneyFinish callback event has) to get that individual tournaments results from a file that has multiple tournies results in it because the tourney runs multiple times a day?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:38 pm Is there a way to use TournamentsResults API command with the Tourney "Number" (that the TourneyFinish callback event has) to get that individual tournaments results from a file that has multiple tournies results in it because the tourney runs multiple times a day?
No, you just have to loop through the lines looking for the ones that start with "Number=" and start there.