PKOs

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
jadelaar

Re: PKOs

Post by jadelaar »

Your solution sounds good to me. The safety net is your Chop set-up is really well done because the players can, after each hand, make their own decision whether they think it's a fair chop before it's finalized. Per the solution you mentioned, expanding the table to show what the prize pool payout is and how much each player's current bounty is would allow the players to make an informed decision.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

When I ran these on PokerStars, and when I played them in other clubs on PokerStars that I didn't run, they always worked the same way, no chops. Of course, PokerStars didn't have a way to do a chop elegantly in the first place. But the math was exceedingly difficult for the PKO format.
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

We had our first PKO on Saturday. 60 chip buy-in, bounty set at 30, field of 33 players.
The winner had 7 KOs and he kept the bounty on his head, giving him a total of 558 chips for bounties collected + 356 for 1st Place.
Banking 914 from a 60 entry fee was quite the return! The group enjoyed the format, I'll try a TKO next.
BaxtersClub

Post by BaxtersClub »

I was finally able to do the upgrade and run a PKO. My group was happy to have that format available again, and everything worked really well.