Dear kent

After my players played they all suggested to remove the chatbox
Or to place a hide button on it and make the table as full screen
Hope you can make it soon
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Chat box

Post by Kent Briggs »

If you are referring to the mobile interface, the table cannot grow any wider once the height fills all the vertical space. So there would just be dead space on the right away if the chat wasn't there. Make sure your iPhone users know how to put the site in full screen mode:

https://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/MobileTips.htm
bejjene

Post by bejjene »

both android and iphone users are asking me to remove the chat box, they are putting full screen but still the chat box is very big and takes half the screen which make it difficult to see cards . so they suggest to make the table bigger and make the chat box smaller if it is possible
bejjene

Post by bejjene »

if you check the difference between last versions and version 7.0 you can see the difference in chat box size. it was smaller .
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bejjene wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:35 pm both android and iphone users are asking me to remove the chat box, they are putting full screen but still the chat box is very big and takes half the screen which make it difficult to see cards . so they suggest to make the table bigger and make the chat box smaller if it is possible
Is the table graphic touching the top and bottom of the screen when they go to full screen mode? If not, post a screen shot.
bejjene

Post by bejjene »

i posted a creen shot . this is on samsung in full screen
Attachments
Screenshot_20220407-080532_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220407-080532_Samsung Internet.jpg (51.11 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
bejjene

Post by bejjene »

what i was suggesting is like an arrow where highlighted in the screen shot . this arrow will close the chat box or send it to the maximum right and stretch the playing table .
Attachments
Screenshot_20220407-080532_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220407-080532_Samsung Internet.jpg (51.91 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Here's a screenshot I just took on my Google Pixel 4a (scaled down to fit here):
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (22.7 KiB) Viewed 1823 times
The table cannot be displayed larger because it's already at max height. The chat box is just filling the empty space left over. Removing the chat and stretching the graphic horizontally would be like stretching your television horizontally without making it taller. It would look like crap. And no, I'm not making 10 different table designs to fit every possible phone aspect ratio. The real problem is trying to play a visually complex game on a 5 or 6 inch screen. It's not ideal. A real computer or at least an iPad-sized table is needed for the optimal experience.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bejjene wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:11 am i posted a creen shot . this is on samsung in full screen
That's not full screen, the URL bar is still showing.
KanpaiGuy

Post by KanpaiGuy »

Kent Briggs wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 am Here's a screenshot I just took on my Google Pixel 4a (scaled down to fit here):

Screenshot.jpg

The table cannot be displayed larger because it's already at max height. The chat box is just filling the empty space left over. Removing the chat and stretching the graphic horizontally would be like stretching your television horizontally without making it taller. It would look like crap. And no, I'm not making 10 different table designs to fit every possible phone aspect ratio. The real problem is trying to play a visually complex game on a 5 or 6 inch screen. It's not ideal. A real computer or at least an iPad-sized table is needed for the optimal experience.
Hey, makes sense that you wouldn't want to make 10 different designs to fit each aspect ratio. would it be possible to allow site administrators to add custom aspect ratios with designs to be supported? Also I even if you don't make different aspect ratios for each individual size, changing the current aspect ratio for mobile to be closer to the average phone would go a long way towards resolving this issue