PM v7 under WampServer

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Tuck Fheman

PM v7 under WampServer

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Is anyone running Poker Mavens v7 under WampServer?

Any tips to get it going?

So far we haven't been able to connect to the admin panel.

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: PM v7 under WampServer

Post by Kent Briggs »

Check the browser's error console (F12 in Chrome, Ctrl-Shift-J in Firefox) and see if there is security error or something like that.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Originally I imported everything from v6, but could not get into v7 admin panel.

So I deleted all the imported .DB's and started fresh and ... got in.

Then I imported DB files one by one to isolate the issue and it was the System.db file.

So I started it fresh again and started manually copying System settings into it to isolate the setting(s) causing the issue.

It appears to be the "Proxy WSS" when set to "Yes". It's set to yes in v6 and it runs fine, but I cannot set it to "Yes" in v7 without receiving the error above.

I'm waiting to hear from the server host to see if he knows anything about it and why that would happen, but if you have any suggestions I'm all ears.

Thanks
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Also even with "Proxy WSS" set to "No" and the v7 poker server Online, the website won't load on the public end (times out).

I can access the Admin panel fine locally and that is all. I will investigate further once I hear from the server host.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:40 am It appears to be the "Proxy WSS" when set to "Yes".
Confirmed. I came across this yesterday and locked myself out of my own site. It was causing the 127.0.0.1 connection to make a an SSL websocket (WSS) connection. Which is what it supposed to do but you don't want it on the localhost connection where your SSL cert (if there even is an SSL cert) doesn't apply. Anyway, I've got a fix coming soon that will ignore the Proxy WSS setting when connecting to locahost or a raw IP.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:49 am Also even with "Proxy WSS" set to "No" and the v7 poker server Online, the website won't load on the public end (times out).
Use the "Windows Firewall" button and double-check the rule.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:36 am Use the "Windows Firewall" button and double-check the rule.
Yeah that's on.

I was able to get into v7 fine after applying the fix, the only issue is instead of loading up the website it redirects to the poker server by default no matter what.

In v6 we have it setup for ourdomain.com to load the website with a session key login and that connects to the poker server at www.ourdomain.com.

With the same settings in v7 no matter what the website will not load, it's bypassed and goes directly to the poker server which you can't login to since we require session keys.

v6 runs with Cloudflare, v7 I can't get the poker server to load with Cloudflare enabled.

When I disable Cloudflare and change the nameservers to not use Cloudflares I can get v7 poker server to load, but the issue above happens where the site is completely bypassed.

I'm sure this is not the way things should done, but in v6 it was the only way I could get things to work and now that's not working with v7.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a better way to handle this.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:42 am I was able to get into v7 fine after applying the fix, the only issue is instead of loading up the website it redirects to the poker server by default no matter what.
Email me with details and screenshots of your setup so I can see what's going on.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:43 am Email me with details and screenshots of your setup so I can see what's going on.
Ok, what info do you need to see?

It appears to be an issue connecting to the API under v7. I have verified the password and the path are correct and even tried whitelisting the domain (which wasn't required in v6), but it times out when trying to login via session keys or any page that uses the API times out.

If I edit the API file $url line in any way the pages calling the API will then load, but will show errors instead of timing out.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:54 pm It appears to be an issue connecting to the API under v7.
Is your HTTP port in v7 different than your File Port in v6? If so, is your API call using the right port?