SnG with dynamic # of players

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Grim

SnG with dynamic # of players

Post by Grim »

I want to have a SnG tournament ready for the players if they want to play a tourney when I'm not online. I've configured it with 10 players and start when full. However, there might not be 10 players, so I set Start Now to 6. However I'm uncertain of when the players will get a seat at the table so they can click Start Now?

I added a start code as well, just to be sure but I'm not sure what it triggers. Does it seat the players and wait for it to be full/enough players has click Start Now, or does it immediately start the tournament regardless of how many has registered (except for 1 registered player of course)?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: SnG with dynamic # of players

Post by Kent Briggs »

The "Start Now" setting means that many players must check the "Start Now" checkbox that appears under the waiting list (displayed when they click the Players button in the lobby). So if you have it set to 6 then as soon as 6 registered players check it, it will start immediately. Only registered players will see that option and they have to know where to look.

If anyone enters the "Start Code" for that tournament under Lobby menu -> Options -> Start Game, the tournament will start immediately as long as there are at least 2 registered players.