Recovering deleted TourneyResults files?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
draker

Recovering deleted TourneyResults files?

Post by draker »

Oops.. Was not aware of the default value of "Maximum tournament days" being 30 days, so Mavens started deleting old tournament results from the TourneyResults directory. Is there a quick way to restore the deleted files? One of my API users relies on the full tournament history being returned from the TournamentsResults API and that API seems to only return tournaments where files exist.

Suggest making zero the default for log retention :) These files aren't that big and there are a lot of bozo users like me.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Recovering deleted TourneyResults files?

Post by Kent Briggs »

The delete function does a normal delete so it won't be in the recycle bin but you might be able to recover it with Directory Snoop, another program I happen to make:

https://www.briggsoft.com/dsnoop.htm
draker

Re: Recovering deleted TourneyResults files?

Post by draker »

The Directory Snoop program was not able to find them, but the file format is very simple, and I was able to re-create them manually using an offline record of historical tournament results. Warning to others: Find that "Maximum tournament days" setting and set it to zero!

Thank You!