Email

Report bugs found in Poker Mavens
michaelmlevin

Email

Post by michaelmlevin »

All of a sudden (probably coincident with installing 6.29) the email isn’t working. I have it configured to use an internal server, which has a debug mode. At max debug, I’m not seeing any connection dialog whatsoever. Has anybody else experienced this or do I possibly have a problem elsewhere?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Email

Post by Kent Briggs »

Exactly which email function are you referring to?
michaelmlevin

Post by michaelmlevin »

The Reset Password and Send Validation Code functions. As far as I'm aware, the SMTP setup is in the System tab under SMTP. I have my own SMTP server, which has logging capability. Despite turning on debugging, I see no attempts by the PokerMavens software to send the email, and then I get a popup saying there was an email sending the email. Not sure what, if anything, I'm doing wrong or if there is a bug?? in the latest release(s) of Poker Mavens?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

michaelmlevin wrote:The Reset Password and Send Validation Code functions. As far as I'm aware, the SMTP setup is in the System tab under SMTP. I have my own SMTP server, which has logging capability. Despite turning on debugging, I see no attempts by the PokerMavens software to send the email, and then I get a popup saying there was an email sending the email. Not sure what, if anything, I'm doing wrong or if there is a bug?? in the latest release(s) of Poker Mavens?
If there is any issue with sending an email, it will get recorded in the Error Log. Did you check the Logs tab?
michaelmlevin

Post by michaelmlevin »

Yes. The error log showed a connection error. I dug a bit deeper and found the problem-- it's on my end, not on Poker Mavens'.

I withdraw my possible bug report. It's NOT a bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience.