Rebuys and Chops

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bcruey

Rebuys and Chops

Post by Bcruey »

I am new to the software and am administering my first league. I have had a few issues that I am having trouble determining what the root cause is. I have had two tournaments so far pretty successfully except in both tournaments, the first person knocked out has not had the option to rebuy. In the first tournament, I suspected that the person did not see the popup somehow. However, in the second tournament, the first guy knocked out said his screen was blinking but no window popped up for him to rebuy. I am pretty sure the first tournament guy was on a laptop. The guy in the second tournament was on a tablet.

The second issue I had was with the chop. I have the "Stop on chop" enabled. However, I did not see an option to stop on chop. I paused the game from the admin utility. Do I need to terminate the game to administer the chop?

Loving this software.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Rebuys and Chops

Post by Kent Briggs »

There's no popup in a rebuy tournament. A player that loses all their chips is presented with a Rebuy (and possibly a Double Rebuy) button and given a time equal to a normal turn to click it. Note that the rebuy period will end early if players are already in the money.

Stop on Chop is for making Fifty-50 tournaments where the chop is planned in advance of the tournament starting. It's triggered when it sees the remaining payout percentages are all equal.
Bcruey

Post by Bcruey »

The issue may be a user error. I have tried doing a few mock tournaments and have always been presented an option to rebuy.

Regarding chops. Is that something I just have to administer outside of the program? What if I just terminate the tournament once a chop is decided? How will the payouts be allocated?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Bcruey wrote:Regarding chops. Is that something I just have to administer outside of the program? What if I just terminate the tournament once a chop is decided? How will the payouts be allocated?
If you manually cancel the tournament it will divide the remaining prize pool out equally among the remaining players.