Re-entries at the break of a re-entry tournament

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
DoubleEagle

Re-entries at the break of a re-entry tournament

Post by DoubleEagle »

I had a player complain they could not re-enter when they busted at the break of a re-entry tournament. Their re-entry went into the waiting room. I have the late registration set to 60 minutes to coincide with the break scheduled at the end of the sixth 10 minute level. Since it is common for the break to start a minute or two after the end of sixth level, was he unable to re-enter due to the 60 minute late registration period? Should the late registration period be set to something like 65 minutes to assure a player will have enough time to re-enter at the break? What is the best way to set this up?

Also, is there any record in the log showing what time the break begins? I can see the time the player attempted to re-enter, but I can't find a record of when the break started.

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Re-entries at the break of a re-entry tournament

Post by Kent Briggs »

The break actually starts at the designated time but the minute countdown doesn't start until every table finishes their current hand. That would explain the "minute or two" you mentioned. The specific time is not recorded anywhere. The late registration ends the moment it is announced in the table chat, which is often in the middle of a hand. Too late to re-enter after that. The late registration period will end early if you reached the maximum entrants (tables x seats-per-table).
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

So if I set the late registration to 65 minutes that would solve the problem?

Seems syncing the end of late registration period to end of the last level before the break would be helpful rather than a set number of minutes. If so, would the player then have the amount of time set in the turn clock to re-enter?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DoubleEagle wrote:So if I set the late registration to 65 minutes that would solve the problem?
If you want re-entries past the 60 minute mark.
Seems syncing the end of late registration period to end of the last level before the break would be helpful rather than a set number of minutes.
The re-entry option is a recent feature. The late registration feature does not exist just to support it, it has existed since the beginning so that late arriving players know exactly how late they can be (in minutes) and still get in.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

In my experience, tournaments offering re-entry end them at the end of a level, not a length of time.