Variable time between levels in tournaments

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
jadelaar

Variable time between levels in tournaments

Post by jadelaar »

As my game has grown, I've noticed that more players can results in significantly longer play times which is forcing me to retool my chip structures. Standard fare, yes, but if I could drop the time between levels from say 10 minutes to 8 minutes at later levels, then I don't have to recontour the chip structures. Also, when I've just deleted numbers, it's very easy to turn a slow game into a shove fest because of a large jump. Being able to speed the game up would address that.
StraightF

Re: Variable time between levels in tournaments

Post by StraightF »

Has there been an update on this?
Being able to vary the the timed levels would be very helpful indeed!
DaneW

Post by DaneW »

I would like in the blinds grid to show the level length to allow us to make a later level to have extra time vs the exact same time for all levels. I’d like to speed up early and slow down later.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DaneW wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:28 am I would like in the blinds grid to show the level length to allow us to make a later level to have extra time vs the exact same time for all levels. I’d like to speed up early and slow down later.
You could accomplish that simply by giving back to back levels the same values late in the tournament.
DaneW

Post by DaneW »

I want to do 8 minute level from level 1-20 and then 10 min from level 20+

Currently this is impossible wo making tons of levels 2 mins long and doing repeat levels for days.