9 handed Omaha/Stud8 table

Add your suggestions for improving Poker Mavens
paser155

9 handed Omaha/Stud8 table

Post by paser155 »

Omaha can be played 9 handed but Stud8 is limited to 8 players. We play a mixed game of 2 rounds of Omaha and 2 rounds of Stud8. The current version of the software is an 8 player table due to the Stud 8 player limitation. When we play this format in our 9 player home game we have the player to the left of the dealer(the button) sit out 1 hand. Interested in having a 9 player table version with this feature incorporated into the software.
StevieG

Re: 9 handed Omaha/Stud8 table

Post by StevieG »

This "dealt out" practice is common in brick & mortar card rooms that spread mixed games, and is typically done so that draw games (usually limited to 6 players) can be added to the mix in a table of 8 players.

If draw games are a possibility in a future Poker Mavens release, the ability of the game to automatically deal out one or two players depending on table size and seated, active players would be a big benefit.
Jimulacrum

Post by Jimulacrum »

Yes to all of this. I'm mainly interested in running mixed games, and if draw games get into the roster, I'll absolutely be using them. Would be nice to be able to run 7- or 8-handed to accommodate flop and stud games, but sit someone out (or more than one player if necessary) for draw games.
Author of SOHE, Dramaha, and Live Straddle!
Maahvin

Post by Maahvin »

+1
I also primarily run mixed games, and get 8-10 players each week. Currently I have 3 ring games set up to accommodate 8, 9, or 10 players to include 7-stud and 5-card Omaha in the mix when we can. We end up having to move from one table to another when a 9th or 10th player joins, and it resets everyone's chip stack. Then when people drop out we assess if we all want to move tables again. It works, but adding this feature would be really nice.

An alternate approach that would work for me is if the 7-stud or 5-card games could be added to the 10-player mix, and just skipped entirely in the rotation if we have too many players in the hand.